Do you shuffle your playlist?

Since being introduced to Alexa last year I’ve thoroughly enjoyed listening to music via the echo dot.
So very convenient and accessible. I’ve put together several playlists encompassing a few different genres.

Old dimmo here didn’t realise that Alexa would shuffle the songs if I asked nicely :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: At this moment I’m being treated to Going Home by The Shadows… sublime but then again I do have good taste!

Does anyone else with good taste indulge in a bit of an Alexa shuffle from time to time?

1 Like

I don’t have Alexa.

Maybe it’s an old-fashioned way of doing it now, but when iPods first came out, I transferred all the music I have and have bought since onto iTunes.
I don’t use my old iPod anymore but I still listen to the music on iTunes via my current iPhone, linked wirelessly to my home speakers or car speakers.

I have lots of Albums and Playlists of favourites from different Albums or genres on it and I often use the “Shuffle” function.

2 Likes

I don’t have a play list or one of those yacking box things. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Currently, I have 30,000 songs on MediaMonkey. There is a facility to create playlists but I never use it. I tend to search for those not played recently and then select 30 or so based on my mood to be played immediately, usually in date order.

Recently, I started using YouTube Music for occasion “random” choices but, after 1 playlist, the second playlist is usually not to my taste. There is a facility to shuffle but not order according to preference.

1 Like

I don’t have Alexa. I listen to music on Youtube. Youtube creates playlists based on how many times I’ve played a song. I tend to listen to the same songs for a while. Youtube’s playlist works for me.

3 Likes

Spotify for me and I don’t shuffle

1 Like

I refuse to have Alexa in my house. Used to have all my music on an Ipod, until it eventually died and now have everything on my phone and on a USB chip in my car. Sometimes I’ll shuffle, sometimes I won’t. Depends on my mood and what I want to listen to.

1 Like

I love my Echo Dot and Alexa but I don’t really do playlists

I subscribe to Amazon Music so I either just ask it to play a specific song I like or I ask for music by a particular artists and it plays me a selection

1 Like

I switch on the wireless.ABC Classic.I suppose you could say they shuffle my playlist by playing the sort of music I like.

2 Likes

I use Spotify and do shuffle my own playlists because the playlist tends to be in groups of the same artist and it is nice to have a variety.

My son did laugh at my 2023 playlist made by Spotify compared to my 2022 one because they are almost identical, they don’t need shuffling.

2 Likes

Alexa I only use for radio feeds, Spotify I use for my music and yes, I do shuffle - if I didn’t I’d never get to hear the songs in the last third of the playlist.

1 Like

I don’t have Alexa, still using my YouTube for playing songs while on the computer. They have “My Favorites” but I find they are very outdated.
So, mostly I listen to the FM radio stations while in the car. I do have a few music apps but just’ don’t access them at all. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have a Google Nest which I think is similar to Alexa. My son gave it to me but by the time I disabled all its intrusive features about the only thing it could do was tell me the time and be an alarm clock.

It is never plugged in, it is bad enough that my TV listens to me.

I have the ABC Listen app on my phone for the radio as well as Spotify but the biggest revelation was when my daughter put Spotify on my TV. My TV sound comes through my HiFi so I can have it loud, it is the best thing! Never use my turntable now.

1 Like