Criss Cross !949 with Burt Lancaster and Yvonne De Carlo. It was ok, nothing special.
I can’t remember the last black and white film I watched, probably a Sherlock homes with basil rathbone, incidentally, my all time favourite film is the thing from another world, if you watch the scene where they’ve barricaded the door by nailing wood across it, the alien opens the door inwards making the barrier pointless, still a great film though…
Zulu…It’s got both black and white characters…
As does The Jolson Story ![]()
![]()
I think you’d enjoy Billy Liar, I think the script was written by one of the people who wrote Whistle Down the Wind. Completely different genre, it is a comedy and stars Tom Courtenay and the lovely Julie Christie. One of my all time favourite films.
You’ll notice Wilfred Pickles and fair few British stars too
Thanks Bruce I’ll give it a go!
I have seen it once before on the box as a kid, just a vague memory now.
Not your average Hammer Film!
An unusual blend of unruly youth culture, menace, sci fi and MOD top secret stuff!
Anyone who’s familiar with Weymouth might find this interesting.
Oliver Reed exudes menace as only he could!
Not the last black and white i watched but worth a mention if you like old war movies.
‘I Was Monty’s Double’ (John Mills - he’s great in war films!)
This is about how an actor was trained to impersonate General Montgomery and sent off to north Africa to divert the Germans attentions away from the real Monty.
Great film with lots of humour, and one more for my collection.
Schindler’s List s filmed almost entirely in black and white, but it does feature a few brief moments in color.
Seance on a Wet Afternoon.
That’s another good one to catch,especially for Kim Stanley’s performance.
Watched that at least 30 years ago. Enjoyed it.
I came across that film recently and couldn’t remember if I’d ever seen it or not, maybe I had seen part of it many years ago, so I re-watched it, really enjoyed it. Very well-made, great acting.
Oops, I’m a bit behind, I was referring to Whistle down the Wind. ![]()
I did think that was the one you meant Rose ![]()
![]()
But yes, terrific film, very enjoyable as you say!
Excellent film, one of my favourites too
The last B & W movie I watched was James Stewart’s Harvey. Really good movie, makes me laugh.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting.
I have not seen this movie. Might try and track it down.
I can watch most anything I want B&W, if I choose. I have already seen most still offered.
I do appreciate B&W cause of the great Cinema video images, I think in black and white
when I chose to draw.
Some Like It Hot ( 1959 ) -crime‑comedy


