Cat Women of the Moon - 1953
Journey to the Centre of Time - 1967
The Thing from Another World - 1951
That’s three Bret, which one was last?
There is one in every crowd.
The first one was the last one - obviously ![]()
Oh,Mr Porter. A Will Hay classic.
“Oh! Mr Porter, what shall I do?
I want to go to Birmingham
And they’re taking me on to Crewe,
Take me back to London, as quickly as you can,
Oh! Mr Porter, what a silly girl I am.”
With several ‘reprise’ Freeview channels, B&W films are difficult to avoid.
Also some original B&W films have been ‘colourised’ and a few are quite successful.
Conversely this was shot in colour and then desaturated to give the story an even more gritty, kitchen sink kind of feel which was very effective!
The story of the late Ian Curtis
It was an old Sherlock Holmes film with Basil Rathbone. Can’t remember which one.
Ironically, the last Basil Rathbone Holmes film I saw was on YouTube, and someone had used technology to add colour to it. ![]()
Just last week - 12 Angry Men (Henry Fonda).
One of the best films i’ve ever seen. I managed to get hold of the DVD last year, and it’s now part of my growing collection of movies.
The Way to the Stars in B&W

“For Johnny”
Do not despair
For Johnny-head-in-air;
He sleeps as sound
As Johnny underground.
Fetch out no shroud
For Johnny-in-the-cloud;
And keep your tears
For him in after years.
Better by far
For Johnny-the-bright-star,
To keep your head
And see his children fed. . . ![]()
![]()
![]()
Casablanca
I watch it quite often
Interspersed with Billy Liar and some Ealing Studio Movies.
Twas indeed and Haley was excellent considering her age at that time.

Yes, there was something very natural, almost documentary like about the film.
The novel Whistle down the Wind came from was written by Haley Mills’ mother and was directed by Brian Forbes. I was a fan of his movies.
The last scene (the Cross) was a stunning ending nearly as memorable as Casablanca’s ending.
It was powerful wasn’t it? I have to admit that I haven’t seen Casablanca so I can’t compare.
Can’t remember the last movie I watched never mind B & W.
I prefer B&W though for some films, especially horror films,it’s so much more atmospheric.
Laurel and Hardy!
I really enjoyed watching them.
Casablanca! Love that film!


