Do you remember pop rocks? And other old-time candies

I Googled and found that Poundland sells it - annoyingly I was next door in Hobbycraft yesterday, before I read this thread! I see another trip coming up, haha!

2 Likes

I still love Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs though I don’t buy them too often. They just melt in your mouth.

But I am even fonder of Violet Crumble another Aussie treat that has come home. So much nicer and crunchier than a Crunchie bar

2 Likes

I remember sweet cigarettes, they tasted vaguely of chalk and the tips were dyed red.
There was a little plastic cigarette holder taped to the side of the box so that you could pretend to smoke before you scoffed your fags.

I doubt very much that the sweetie shops still sell them!

3 Likes

I think there are things called candy sticks, which are the sweet cigarettes without the red tip! At least, they used to be available for a long while after it was considered unsuitable to sell children sweet cigarettes - they may not still be around.

1 Like

I used to be a sweetie monster as a kid and remember quite a few of the aforementioned brands. One that comes to mind though is American Hard Gums. I loved those, are they still available?

2 Likes

Oh yes …I binged out on a packet only yesterday :wink:

2 Likes

They still sell candy cigarettes but they’re not quite the same.

Ah, gum drops. From Amazon UK

1 Like

I had to pop over to the local convenience shop anyway… couldn’t resist!

2 Likes

Okaaay…if you say so! :joy:

Well excuse me I’m sure!
We all have our little indulgences.

1 Like

Oh, of course…mine are little too. A little too many… boom boom :joy:

1 Like

sherbet flying saucers are still available.

Flying Saucers Sherbet Space Ships - Traditional Sweets From The UK’s Original Sweetshop. Fast Delivery Of Retro Confectionery - treasureislandsweets.co.uk

1 Like

Oh I loved them…please don’t tempt me because they’ll be in my basket before you know it

glances down

Oh now, would you look at that! :flying_saucer: :flying_saucer:

2 Likes

Liquorice Roots, Tiger Nuts, Invalid Toffee, Bull’s Eyes and Coconut Ice !

1 Like