Do you re-use your plastic containers?

I have been using some small lucozade bottles, to freeze beer in, when I make beer batter. just don’t fill it all the way up.

1 Like

My late father used to smoke roll-ups using Golden Virginia, the tins were put to use in his garage,
the same way you use them. I have them now and use them in the same way, some of them date from
1960 so are quite ancient now. The old saying ‘waste not want not’ springs to mind – they still fulfil their usefulness though!
:grinning:

2 Likes

I have a couple of tobacco tins in my fishing tackle box. They’re useful for keeping ledger weights in.

1 Like

I remember those my ex used to smoke that tobacco in tins, once empty, he would store nails in them.

I see quite a few of the large plastic milk bottles ,with the top cut off, in peoples garages, I think they store oil and other liquid stuff in them, like nuts and bolts.

People make all sorts of things with plastic bottles, it’s all on YouTube.

1 Like

This guy grows so many different vegetables in these plastic milk bottles , carrots,lettuce, beans, radish,basil,cucumber,…:open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

I use the item from Pets at Home, where the drinking dish screws into the water bottle. Only £1.50 and very good.

1 Like

I shall look that up , not quite sure Ive seen any . Thanks for the heads up .

1 Like

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/pets-at-home-travel-water-bottle-500ml

Here Eliza.

1 Like

Holly’s.

1 Like

The big bird seed & peanut tubs are great for growing tomatoes

1 Like

glass jars get washed and stored. Great for using as an impromptu vase for bunches of parsley or coriander. Also handy for screws, nails and nuts/bolts to keep under the stairs. The dog empty food foil boxes were handy as bases for seedling pots and yoghurt pots, cardboard egg cartons were useful seedling planters. Wooden ice lolly sticks make plant markers. Cardboard delivery boxes flat packed and kept for when there is a need to move house at some point (or just a need for a box). The big bird seed tubs are also good when you are painting for pouring a bit of paint into instead of lugging the paint pot around. Also less chance of spillage.

Of course you have to balance it all with avoiding too much “might be useful one day” junk.

1 Like

Thanks Jazzi,

1 Like