Do you put the onion on the bottom of your bread roll with the sausage sitting atop?

I remember about 4 years ago here in Perth furore broke out.
The great Charity Sausage Sizzle operated by Bunnings have been given a directive that the onion must go on the bread first. Sausage on top.
This is serious stuff. Health and Safety inspectors will make surprise visits,(undercover) to nab those not doing the rightie.
This came about because one gentleman slipped and fell on a caramelised onion which had itself slipped off the sausage as a customer started devouring said sausage.
The victim sued Bunnings for injuries received, emotional stress and ongoing PTSD issues.
"Every time I go to Bunnings now I have a panic attack. I spend a great deal of time scanning the floor for onions":unamused:

I do not know the outcome of the case.

1 Like

There have sausage sizzles outside every polling booth on election day here too.Dangerous onions can be lurking anywhere.

1 Like

One has to give the area a wide berth. Plus, those eating the sausage and onion rolls need to be confined to a roped off area to keep the public safe. :grinning:

And searched when leaving.

1 Like

I always put the onion on first,on hot dogs and burgers, makes sense.

Who would of thought careless placement of onions on a hotdog could be a trip hazard :sunglasses:

1 Like

Makes no sense at all to me. Trip hazards are everywhere. One simply needs to be aware of the surroundings. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well I put the sausage in the bun first then the onions.
Same with burgers,
The only way to do it😀

Be careful then. If you are ever using a public barbecue, sit yourself down somewhere away from people and pick up any dropsie, lest you be sued. :grinning:

1 Like

Every burger van I’ve ever used it’s onions on top😀

1 Like

What if the sausage slips off the onion and falls to the floor?
Can a foot not slip on a carelessly dropped slippery sausage?

Personally speaking, I’d give the whole slippery shebang a big swerve - I like caramelised onions but would say NO to a sausage and probably wouldn’t fancy the bread roll if it was one of those tasteless white “Hot Dog” buns.

2 Likes

Trip hazards are everywhere. It is up to us silly humans to avoid them. :slightly_smiling_face:

Never slipped on-a Saveloy

RDAY

:laughing:

1 Like

@Bretrick If that sausage is made with or contains pig, then it’s off my menu :wink:

I am thinking there may be an ear or two. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Onions have no place in sausage sandwiches or hot dogs.

Yuk!

1 Like

Onions do have a place, on the bottom :yum:

1 Like

it is the uncooked flying onions one has to watch out for if you criticise someones cooking

2 Likes

I do both, bun/onions/sausages/onions/bun. :man_cook:

1 Like

Always onions on the top!
Then you add whichever sauce takes your fancy… almost like a delicious culinary adhesive.
My onions have never strayed.

1 Like