Do you own your own box of crayons?

Sounds ambitious and certainly a bit different doesn’t it.

1 Like

Oh … I just went all shivery down my spine … damn, something else to add to my pampering and personal extravagance wishlist.
It’s a great idea and I can imagine them dotted around a little shallow pond or bird bath.

3 Likes

The kids in the village started doing it here, they were all at it and you were finding the stones everywhere. Some I loved and took home for my garden, I decided to join in and I’ve been doing them on n off ever since. Some are done by fantastic artists I’ve seen the finds on FB but I’ve not found one of those treasures…yet.

1 Like

I did try an experiment last year painting the “cave wall”, A4 size and using PVA glue and tissue paper to give texture to the wall surface and experiment with colour, but when I was ill my children came and threw all my early attempts at painting in the bin

1 Like

Haha! me too! I haven’t seen these and want them for Christmas! I did have a Posca Paint pen in white, but it was horrible to use - all blobby :frowning:

2 Likes

Ooh, colors! I love colors!

of just about anything, but especially the same thing in different colors. It’s a thing.

1 Like

Cor … I feel your pain … that must have been awful.Still … it just means you can go on to creating better and brighter works of art.

1 Like

I’m glad you said that as that was going to one of my next questions … about Posca pens.

2 Likes

During the first big lockdown here the kids put them in a snake line alongside the school fence, I enjoyed looking at them as I passed. The most awkward to get I spotted at the bottom of a crystal clear rock pool at the cliff end of the beach. Had to lay on a big rock and reach in the water for it. Another I found on a ledge inside a beach cave, some really invented hiding places. Lol.

3 Likes

Me too. Thanks PixieKnuckles, they look blobby in pictures and videos. Good to know they really are.

Just went looking for the acrylic pens. They’re at Amazon here, not too expensive. If I find them at Walmart, I might be a goner.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m not being fair, since I only used the one colour, but both white Posca’s I had were the same. Not smooth to use at all. Those Flysea Acrylic pens are a tenner off Amazon. In my basket now :joy:

2 Likes

Last famous words … I know what you mean. :laughing:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you make with them!

Your Posca pen story reminds me that I have some gelly roll pens that haven’t dried out after 20 years. Almost afraid to use them. lol

1 Like

A lot of the ones the Council moved from the school and they are now set into a bed at the back of St John’s Square in the middle of the town.

2 Likes

Oh someone gave me glittery gelly roll pens :roll_eyes: The glitter blocks the ink coming through, so rendered useless! Would love some ordinary ones though.

1 Like

How effective … it really draws the eye.

I get mine from Ebay.

1 Like

Now why didn’t I think of that! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

They’re in the Arts n Craft Section.

1 Like

Thanks! I see them now…cheaper than Amazon, with 10% off for multibuy. That’s fabulous!