Do you own a 'smart' TV?

If you’re wondering what a ‘smart’ TV is, it’s one which can connect to the internet and will usually allow you to download/use apps such a the BBC iPlayer app, Netflix, Amazon Prime, some even have web browsers to allow you to visit normal websites.

Do you own a smart TV?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Not sure (please say in thread)

0 voters

If you’re not sure, if you give us the model number in the thread one of us might be able to google it for you to find out :lol:

1 Like

We do but only use it as a bog standard one.When we went to buy a new TV the model they advertised was unavailable so they offered us a smart tv at the same price.The salesman did warn us though that it wasn’t that smart.

1 Like

We have an LG TV…its about 11 years old, so likely needs upgrading by now. But it still works, so no rush!

1 Like

I do not own a TV at all.

3 Likes

We have an old thicko TV
It even plays dvds

1 Like

Yes, and what narks me is there is no access directly to what ever Web Browser is utilized. When Youtube freezes, I have to look at the light on the Router, or ask the Wife if the Ipad is still responding, if all is Ok, its time to power down, unplug then reboot the Tele. :biking_man:

1 Like

I have one smart 55" TV which I am very pleased with and one not so smart 40" TV. Both are Sony Bravia the new one is Android and works very well but the older one no longer shows Youtube or Netflix which is very annoying (I think Sony let the licence drop or something along those lines)

1 Like

Yes, rebooting happens a lot here too, its a nightmare for Mr P…I don’t watch much TV so I don’t mind.

1 Like

Yes, but only ever used it for normal (olde) TV viewing.

We watch iPlayer and Netflix on laptop with bluetooth speaker.

1 Like

I have a smart tv in my bedroom, I also have a Panasonic in my sitting room, I have YouTube , Prime Amazon, on both, I don’t have a tv license.

1 Like

Have you been chased up for one, Pauline? I haven’t had one since May, and they are giving me grief over it. :frowning: I’ll need to get it sorted otherwise you get fined £1,000. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hi

Yes, best thing I ever got and cheap as well.

It works for everything I have, voice controlled, and i can see my emails on it.

1 Like

Tabby, I can’t see me ever uttering that sentence in my lifetime!! :grin:

2 Likes

Had one once - it died in 2001 - didn’t replace it - haven’t missed it yet! :grinning:

1 Like

No, I use a now tv box .

1 Like

I have a 4K 49 inch Sony. Connected to it I have a Sky HD box, a 4K Blu Ray Player and an XBox One.
Mostly use the Tv for streaming, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney Plus.
All of this plays through a Sonos Arc Sound System.

1 Like

50" in lounge, and small one in bedroom. 29 I think.

1 Like

I still have my plasma 40” Panasonic and Sony LCD televisions. I did buy a 55” Panasonic Smart television from Costco but l couldn’t watch it as it seemed blurred and jumpy so I returned it. My plasma television picture was superior to it.
I watch my main television through boxes. I get both Netflix and NowTV via my two daughters accounts.
These days, l don’t watch live tv, just stuff l have recorded.

Anyway, can’t you be watched/spied on, via your Smart televisions?

1 Like

If the one I’ve got comes on when I flip the switch and doesn’t complain when I switch channels with the remote then that’s smart enough for me. Smart TVs Are a bit like those things you shout at to do something you could quite easily do yourself. Over engineered and a tad unnecessary. IMO. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

We don’t have a Smart TV, our tv is old now but it still looks very Smart :wink:

2 Likes