Do you make a fuss?

Yes, I love Christmas… but only from first advent to twelfth night.

1 Like

I just love it, the preparation, wrapping presents, the joy on my family’s faces when they open an unexpected gift, dinner, the bad jokes in the crackers…the mess after…it’s all so wondrous

3 Likes

What Gaming App is that?

We will be on our own at Christmas, we are not bothered about Christmas now, its just another day here. Christmas now is really for the kids.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to Christmas this year.
It is a year today that our daughter received her final chemotherapy session. She was so weak and tired as she waited for weeks for the results. Finally she received the call from her Consultant to inform her there was no longer any sign of the cancer. The relief was immense.

This year Christmas is going to be something special.

11 Likes

Ha Blooming Ha. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Kidding apart, what was that gaming thing that kids had on a gameboy which emulated looking after a pet cat or dog or something?

I like Christmas always have always will however I do feel people feel pressure to “keep up” so to speak and that leads to Christmas becoming a burden not a joy.

They have changed over the years and it is different but ultimately “ITS CHRISTMAS” a time to relax enjoy and love yourself and those you care for and care for you.

@carol You have had a hard year and for some reason known only to the makers of our hearts when we have had a bad year we sometimes think “b&gger” Christmas maybe and not trying to change your view or opinion but maybe its time to accept what we have and enjoy the day for a nice day.

@Jazzi I too will be alone on the day this year not even the dog as she passed earlier this year; going to a family "takeaway2 feast at my brother Christmas eve and then family breakfast out on Boxing day but intend to do what I want to do this Christmas day not sure what that will be but def eating and watching telly.

@Minx I am planning a Caribbean cruise next Christmas going the opposite of you I am going hot not cold. LOL

2 Likes

Cats and Dogs Tamagotchi

3 Likes

Enjoy your Christmas Mags and family a great reason too as well.

3 Likes

My granddaughter spent her first year on the Oncology Dept at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, This week she started driving ambulances for the NHS patient transport service, a step up the ladder to eventually becoming a paramedic. She has Christmas off. :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Oh what a joyous Christmas you’ll have, enjoy every second of it :heart:

2 Likes

How fantastic she has found her vocation and has Christmas win win.

2 Likes

I love Christmas, it’s magical. I’d still put up my decorations and light my candles, cook a nice meal, eat cheese and chocolate and watch Christmas telly if I was on my own. I do the full thing, the works, and love every second of it

But I do understand that some Christmas’s are tough. If you’re lonely or living with bad times or have a lost a loved one and there’s an empty chair.I’ve been there. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Tamagotchi

https://tamagotchi.com

I had to look after my daughters while she was at school and I was at work. I got some funny looks, lemme tell ya, trying to feed this thing in the middle of a meeting :flushed:

4 Likes

Thanks @Kazz and @PixieKnuckles

Just had a look on Google play, and you can still get these sort of things up and running. In fact, there’s a thread related seasonal one, just in case you get the urge:

That sounds heavenly Kazz. I have sunshine all the time so I’m looking forward to the cold.

1 Like

throws some minus temps, a handful of ice, and a snow flurry over at @Minx :joy:

1 Like

You know what they say we as humans are never satisfied with what God gave us hot weather we want snow, snow we want sunshine, straight hair we want curly, curly hair we want straight. LOL

1 Like