Do you live in Devon or Cornwall? If so then look out for the latest car the police have!

Do you drive a vehicle in Devon or Cornwall?

If so then look out for the latest car the police have!

Luckily it’s not operational, if it was then anyone thinking they could outrun the police, as some do, would have a rude awakening!

[I]"Devon and Cornwall Police now have a £90,000 sports car in its possession - and it goes up to 186mph.

The Norfolk-based company Lotus UK has loaned the sports car to the force for one year.

It can go from 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds and hit speeds of 186mph.

But you’re unlikely to see it out and about on the roads.

The grey Lotus Evora GT410 Sport is being used by police to increase community engagement and road safety awareness. It will not be used for response or patrol work."
[/I]
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2021-07-08/the-90-sports-car-on-loan-to-devon-and-cornwall-police

1 Like

Ooh I bet they’re all longing to get behind that wheel up at D&C Police HQ!

Yes, I bet they are! Personally I wouldn’t mind a drive in that myself,
without the police ‘Battenburg’ though! :wink: :slight_smile:

Daughter showed that to me, it was on her FB feed. What a fabulous car & they have it for a year, lucky them.

Its a pity they don’t actually use it as a patrol car

With the demise of the Holden or Ford V8s the NSW police had to chose an imported car so now the fleet will slowly be replaced with BMWs and Chryslers, nothing like as powerful as the old Holdens

However they still have one Porsche

Actually they are very nice cars. Easy to spot. Colourful! Trendy!
I like to be able to spot them easily not like unmarked cars. :frowning:

Yes, the unmarked cars are what could be considered ‘sneaky’, However, when you see the way some idiotic ‘drivers’ misbehave on the roads ‘plain’ cars can be considered necessary. :wink: :slight_smile:

We are ok until the traffic wardens get them.

Now they really are ‘sneaky’! To get around in the nearest big town to this rural village they use scooters! Not easy to spot and they can go from one location to the next in minutes, without even being seen! :frowning: :frowning:

:shock: Where’s that asteroid when we need it.

Well, it’s out there somewhere according to MSN, they even show a photo of what it looks like:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/e2-80-98doomsday-asteroid-e2-80-99-is-headed-toward-earth-e2-80-93-here-e2-80-99s-when-you-can-see-it-with-your-telescope/ar-BB1efwUR
:shock: :wink: :slight_smile:

Whilst I applaud Lotus for providing a car FOC, why bother lending it to Devon and Cornwall Police? The roads aren’t wide enough generally. IIRC, there’s only a few miles of dual-carriageway A roads and the bottom bit of the M5 that are useable.

Quite agree, they could have loaned it to me. I could have driven at very high speed on the local motorway without any fear of ever being caught by the usual patrol cars! :wink: :slight_smile:

Love it

@Baz46 , Ha Ha! I’d like to see that do 180 mph down those Cornish lanes??
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

A few years ago I had a Vauxhall Carlton. The Police had a version of it, the Lotus Carlton. That could do 180 MPH and one officer actually got reprimanded for doing that speed on the M6 I think was.

Especially around the end of August / beginning of September when there are enormous combine harvesters here, there and everywhere! Meet one of those and it’s ‘curtains’ unless you give way.
They cannot go anywhere out of the way due to their enormous size, here they fill the width of lanes completely! :grinning: