Do you live alone?

It’s commonly nicknamed ThickTok for a very good reason, I reckon. I’ve been online years before the Internet even existed and in all that time I have never seen anything so banal and which caters to the very lowest of common denominators. Merely seeing the content thumbnails on pages of Google as I surf and when my grandkids say “Look at this, grandad, it’s brilliant!” (it would crush them if I didn’t watch and feign interest) convinced me I’d never actually click on the trash and watch it.

3 Likes

I do agree that Tik Tok is impossibly banal and shallow but if you take time to search there are many gems too such as a guy I follow who’s building his own house.

I simply cannot fathom the many women doing Live chats in the morning just saying hi to randoms all making small talk. There’s one in Devon just saying the most banal things like the price of milk in her local Spa

2 Likes

A noble thought, Conradd, but in almost 40 years of using online forums (ah, the good old days of Bulletin Board Systems) I got fed up with sorting the wheat from the chaff at least 30 years ago. :slightly_smiling_face: I suppose another reason I don’t bother with social media in general is that I have no interest in what people I don’t know are doing.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought there must be something better. I suppose some of us are just not ready to accept less than perfection.

2 Likes

I need to get out more I think, where too though?

1 Like