Do you like seaweed snacks?

I’ve been eating these pressed seaweed sheets, cut into snack sized bites. :yum: It’s the same stuff they wrap around rice when people make :sushi: sushi.

I’ve been eating the plain and teriyaki flavors, but there are others like wasabi flavor. I eat mine with rice wrapped in it.

Have you tried seaweed snacks?

Added later: As I looked at the package, I found out that half the pack has 100% of vitamin B12, a vitamin that many vegans are deficient in.

1 Like

I saw a TV chef break some up and add it to a pan of bubbling mince & onion!

1 Like

I don’t know if it was just the brand I tried but it tasted very strongly of fish, even though there was no fish products in it!

I wasn’t keen on it’s own, but I do use it crumbled on various recipes and it gives a good flavour

1 Like

No, tried it once and didn’t like it, but I couldn’t eat something like sushi either.

1 Like

Maybe the brine flavor because it lives in sea water.

1 Like

No thanks…

1 Like

He added seaweed to this? I don’t get it. It would lose its crispness and the flavor would be lost under the other stronger flavors. I wonder why he did it. :thinking:

Hi

Yes, I enjoy it and use it a lot in my cooking.

My tropical fish also eat a lot of it.

You have to be very careful buying it, there are different grades.

Some of it on Amazon UK is £368 per kilo, a lot of it is over £100 a kilo.

It is much, much cheaper in an Asian Supermarket.

1 Like

Yes, I like vegetable sushi
I buy from Waitrose
Sushi rice
Sushi vinegar
Sushi nori
then add a mix of veg and a dipping soy

1 Like

I guess some people like something more subtle. The salty fishiness of seaweed, forget the usual OTT flavours.

1 Like

An interesting thing:

Is an interesting additive to mince & onions.

Nothing new, but the idea stolen from the the centuries old, Worcestershire sauce.

3 Likes

Hi

Nori is frequently eaten moist.