Do you like ASMR videos?

I don’t know much about ASMR. I just see a lot of videos about it on youtube. Every video I’ve watched makes my skin crawl. I’m bemused that people can relax to them.

Here’s one that people supposedly relax to. I watched the first minute or so and couldn’t take it anymore. Watching the video didn’t help.

Anyone find ASMR videos relaxing? Is there a trick to finding them relaxing?

It might be just me…But I find that one bordering on erotic…
:astonished:

OGF ur just an old sexpot. :innocent::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Perhaps if they had used a builders hands I might have thought differently…
I’ve always been a sucker for a well manicured pair of hands OldBloke…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Nah, I think it it’s a complete con, Emperors New Clothes, muchly

Influencers and TikTokkers jumping on the bandwagon for likes and hits trying to convince people they can feel the imaginary ASMR tingle :rofl:

Pseudo science

and so boring… who on earth wants to spend precious minutes of their life watching/ listening to that?

There are far better, real ways to relax

3 Likes

Am I the only one who had to google what ASMR stood for? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

ASMR stands for autonomous sensory meridian response ; a term used to describe a tingling, static-like, or goosebumps sensation in response to specific triggering audio or visual stimuli.

Hmm … I get that sometimes just by listening to my favourite music.

1 Like

You certainly aren’t Morticia , and even after reading what ASMR actually stands for I don’t feel particularly enlightened. I’m giving it a miss and I’ll just carry on keeping a copper top next to the old popcorn… buzzing! :115: :wink:

2 Likes