Do you ignore your name when you hear someone calling out to you?

When I moved to Perth from Tasmania, I was at the train Station and someone started shouting out my then nickname quite loudly.
I left Tassie because the home town people were real pricks to me and I wanted nothing to do with anyone from there.
So I never turned around, never acknowledged, kept walking.

I’m sorry to hear that.
I always look even though I have a very common name and don’t know anyone :grinning:

1 Like

Such is life. I have moved on, there is no need for me to look backwards. Not much good back there.

1 Like

If I hear my name being called or Mum, yes I will turn to look, but if it’s Hey! Oi! or a whistle, then no.

4 Likes

I used to walk to school. People used to honk at me from the street. I never looked. One day my Aunt was huffy that I didn’t respond to her honk. I didn’t realize it was her. I still didn’t look if people honked at me. It’s not like I’d have a great conversation with someone honking from their car.

If someone called my name, it would depend on who they were. But I’d have to look to see who it was to see if it was a stranger, so I’d probably look.

1 Like

Sounds like u had a reason to. But I would not ignore it as long as they called me Supreme Commander :rofl:

1 Like

Here in the states we are a friendly crew, generally speaking.

I know so many people, families, for decades, so I always acknowledge whoever wants to call out for my attention. Over the years I have been in different states on vacation, even in Europe, when someone recognizes me and wants to say hello.
Because you never know when you’ll be spotted, or where, it has kept me on my best behavior. Can’t be caught doing something I wouldn’t want known now, can I? :innocent:

3 Likes

Yep, I tend to look, it’s almost spontaneous isn’t it. Not usually a situation in which you mull things over. I might develop a sudden hearing problem if it were the Jehovah’s witnesses but they don’t know my name…or do they? :scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

Don’t Look back in Anger.

2 Likes

It all depends on how loud they call. I am developing some hearing problems, and the fact that I have a common name, can cause some confusion. :thinking:

1 Like