Do you have trouble spelling certain words?

Me too
I can never spell Guarantee correctly unaided.

That’s not a problem, life don’t come with any guarantees.

1 Like

Did you refer to my spelled word when composing your post. :thinking: :grinning:

No… :smiley:

1 Like

Lots of words.My spelling is bad and apostrophes (checked) confuse me.

Just stick um anywhere, just incase, don’t start me on comma’s I’m a commana :laughing:

2 Likes

My spelling has gotten worse the last few years, as has my mental arithmetic :slightly_frowning_face: Don’t know why, but I am always checking both.

That don’t “Add” up Rox.

1 Like

My spelling seems to be getting much worse as well. Simple words are forgotten.
Very basic words spelling elude me many times.
Mental arithmatic(sic) remains easy for me. Maybe years of playing pub darts has helped. Also working things out in tens make counting very easy, for me.

Huh??

I had a tough time with vacuum but after being corrected, I’m better.

Here’s another area where technology makes it a less necessary skill than it was. Spell check changes my spelling even if I don’t want it to.

Soon ChatGPT will be changing my sentence structure.

1 Like

Then it’s time to give up typing, we don’t need keyboards where were going, not after we’ve got our Fingers Burnt. :laughing:

Probably so. AI will probably be typing for us. Just speak into the software. Google already does this but it’s not reliable enough. AI will probably be suggesting jokes also.

my spelling is atr… atroc…not good, but it bothers me not, if it bothers you…erm
i think its more important to connect with people that to bother with perfection, [fat fingers dont help] no my fingers are not fat they just think they are…lol

1 Like

I think my issue is that I am forgetting how to spell common words.
Yes, there are those words that have always been difficult to remember because they have silent letters, or words like manoeuvre, I mean to say, who can spell that word without help?

I think it is a French word, so no worries…lol

1 Like

I have trouble with the word “ridiculous” I always want to spell it “rediculous” which is frankly ridiculous

I quite often do the same thing. Then get the red squiggly line underneath telling me it is wrong. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Exacerbate always gives me problems

1 Like

and makes them :sunglasses: worse Muddy