Do You Have Rhythm?

Or are you rhythmically challenged?

Out of the blue, a letter from a charity you support drops on your doormat. It is asking you to be a contestant in a Strictly Come Dancing type competition for charity.

Your first reaction, is to squeal out, ‘No Way’ and head to your phone to ring them with your apologies and decline.

On the way to your phone, guilt sets in. it’s to raise money for a charity that is very close to your heart.
You see it as challenge. You need the exercise. It will be fun as you’ve always wished you could dance properly.

Or do, sprint to your phone, tell them you’ve never heard of anything so ridiculous in all your life?
Ask, how did they get your contact details?
Threaten if they ever send you such idiotic stuff again, you will report them to the authorities!

So l ask, do you have rhythm, or are you rhythmically challenged?
Would you take up the offer of the dancing competition for charity?

2 Likes

I not only have rhythm, but I also possess perfect pitch and can play almost anything composed just by listing once or twice at the most. I can no longer play anything wind reliant, but give me strings or any type of keyboard and away I’ll go.
Guitars are my favourite for strings and I play either left or right handed.
Dancing? At 78, that skill is no longer an option for me as arthritis has swiped my knees.

2 Likes

It’s a definite no from me, I used to be quite a good rock 'n roller in my youth, and a reasonable disco dancer in my twenties and thirties, but the bones are creaking now and a slow waltz is about all that I could manage.

Anyway, as Indiana Jones would say “it isn’t the years darling, it’s the mileage” :rofl:

2 Likes

…but it’s for charity…

…but it’s for charity…

1 Like

I’ll send 'em a couple of bob to make up for it… :wink:

1 Like

So you would have me injure my worn out knees further by dancing for charity? On ya bike AA. :astonished::wink::smile:

1 Like

We had a letter from Rich House ~ Poor House. My wife’s written reply must have scorched the postal workers hands. No way was she going to let some unknow family of wannabees loose in our home and she put her case very plainly. Top Hat Productions must have wished they passed our house by LOL!!

1 Like

Do I have Rhythm …I must have :grinning:

When I’m dancing at parties, Mrs M and Kids say “everyone is looking at you” :rofl:

I’ve noticed it rains a lot too :thinking:

1 Like

Plenty of people have had a method to their rhythm…and it didn’t turn out so good…

1 Like

I’ll donate a few bob in order NOT to dance in public. :lol:

1 Like

Happy to participate, I can dance :dancer:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yep, just like those girls on MTV, I’ve got all them moves!

2 Likes

I’ve got rhythm, but no way could I accept a dancing challenge - 15 years ago maybe, in fact I would probably have jumped at the chance, but the arthritis in my knees, hips and ankles, not to mention my hands, would make it impossible, sadly.

Every week I look longingly at Strictly, yearning for my youth when I could get up on the dance floor

3 Likes

Sorry Artangel I forgot to answer about participating in Dance for Charity

Yes I would.

1 Like
4 Likes

Nice LD :038:

2 Likes

I’m more likely to compose an acid jazz pop ditty than do Strictly.

We’re talking Rhythm here. :icon_cool:

2 Likes

I’d be happy to dance…love dancing and am quite capable of moving about in any directions…back flips haha… I am yoga fit. I can’t foxtrot but would be ok with teaching.
I would enjoy the training as they all get slimmer as well as being so close to each other…
Charity is as good reason as any… some are on their knees,
As long as my partner is
Graziano Di Prima

2 Likes