Do you have any ideas/plans for saving power?

Hey Strathmore, you should be in politics, or sales.

Me too, erm, I think. Carry on regardless. Should bills double, I will cut back on meals out, holidays, or something. But I refuse to live my life unplugging the TV at night to save 2p

5 Likes

At 11.30 tonight I noticed I’d left my iron turned on ever since I did some ironing yesterday afternoon. :worried:

So much for saving power eh?

It was on for 34 hours!! Can anybody tell me how much it has cost please? :sob:

34 x 81p = £27.54

But in reality you’ll probably pay a fraction of that.

Irons, the ones that I know, have a light that comes on when heating up, burning electricity. When the light is off it’s not costing you anything.

Plus you have to assume that 81p is an exaggerated figure.

1 Like

Bring back witch burning?

1 Like

21 posts were split to a new topic: How do you dry your clothes? (Split from energy saving ideas thread)

In terms of plans to save power, I’ve ordered some thermal curtain liners from dunelm today. They are relatively cheap and have good reviews so fingers crossed.

1 Like

The unit cost per 16.6 p/kWh but as d00d says it is intermittent. And it is energy rather than power you need to consider.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Warm bedding? What do you use? (Split from money saving thread)

Well I am planning to duct tape bubble wrap onto the window frames. Anything to keep Jack Frost out.

1 Like

@AnnieS Good luck

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make more sense to tape bubble wrap round yourself? :wink::blush::yum:

1 Like

Can you believe it - someone has actually tried this, he even tries to go swimming all wrapped up :

1 Like

Hi

I have just had an email from Octopus, my Direct Debit is being reduced by £68 a month.

I will keep it the same.

1 Like

In fairness @swimfeeders, I don’t think you can rely on being in hospital for 3 weeks every month as a way to keep your bills down.

3 Likes

I have never wasted energy so that I wouldn’t know how to save more of it other than to not use any at all. That’s why I’ve decided to make a little money on the side instead so that I can pay the higher bills.

1 Like

Good idea hire yourself out as a “warm hug” LOL

1 Like

I was rather thinking of myself as the only beneficiary. Can’t hug the world, can I? :wink:

No, I meabt as a money-making scheme.

Sometimes you can save energy by using more efficient devices. My wife’s Instant Pot is one…

1 Like