Do you have any Allergies?

Brought up your olde post Tiffany as I have had dermatitis in the past and this time I am covered from everywhere except hands face and neck. I went up the Hospital last evening and got bloods done a chest x-ray and the usually tests they run plus put on a drip but no idea what that contained.
i got into a mild flair when the Dr said I needed to stay in over night. I said I am not and I said Why is that?
He said he would respect my wishes…I then said if I felt the need I would but you not going to get rid of this rash so going home in 15 minutes! Which having signed the disclaimer form I got dressed and left…I had also gone their because my breathing was quite bad.
So the itching is terrible, maybe get some anti hisimine tablets or shoot myself lol

2 Likes

Hi, Dianne, I take these.

From my GP on prescription. Have done for years now, doesn’t stop the itching but does make it fairly bearable. The one time I stopped taking it, as I’d not had the problem for some weeks, it came back so bad I wanted to rip my skin off. Back I went on the pills, I take one a day. Now loratadine is for in my case excema, don’t know if it would work for dermatitus too. There are other medications available I think.
My daughter suffers from dermatitus, but she only gets it on her hands & fingers, but hers is not bad enough to go to doc & she uses an over the counter ointment on hers.
Did your doc not suggest medication to you? Maybe ointments, tho medication is better if you get it badly?

1 Like

I get hay fever when the pollen count is high. Also had itchy, dry and flaky skin. This has not been so much trouble lately though.

Itchy skin can be a symptom of kidney trouble. Seems to be a lot better since all the medical treatment I’ve had for renal problems,

2 Likes

My GP Doc is not aware how bad it got…The Hospitial gave me One antihistamine which was weird as they usually overload you with a huge parcel amount of stuff…
Thanks Tiff I shall need the Pharmacy on Monday so shall ask for these and see it they stock them… Great when you get a quick response with something like this…Ta Dianne

1 Like

If they can supply them do make sure they will work on dermatitus.

1 Like

Yes will do the Pharmacy Staff are truly Amazing with advice.

1 Like

If anything has coconut in, it I will know in a couple minutes. I don’t know why, like stated above, it come out both ends.

I’m allergic to rabies shot. Got bit by a rat in Turkey and the started to give me the series of rabies shoots in the stomach and swelled up like the hungry kids in Africa, before I even got out of the hospital.

I’m also allergic to the silver looking medical tape. I get a rash from it.

I ate onions like apples when I was a kid. I still like onions, but people around me hate the cause and effect.

2 Likes

Please let me know how you get on.

1 Like

will try and recall but a week of medical rendez vous…scream

1 Like

I get the same reaction from prawns, I can still eat crab, shrimps and other sea food, it’s just prawns. Once I’ve purged them out of my system I’m as right as rain. I even used to eat King Prawn in Chinese food and no problem. Daren’t try them now though… :078:

1 Like