Do you have any Allergies?

Well I do just careful , where I put it . :wink:

1 Like

Yes,all medications/creams,coffee,and plasters.
I would be a nightmare if i were to be in an accident.

I ran the Snowdon marathon back in 1990, we were staying in digs at Llandudno and they served fish pie for dinner that night. I picked out all the prawns (or thought I had) and gave them to Mrs Fox. I missed one and spotted it on my fork ā€œWhat harm would one little old prawn doā€ I though. After about one hour I emptied the contents of my stomach and bowels down the toilet for the next four hoursā€¦Talk about ā€˜Brontosaurarseā€™

2 Likes

I know when I put on washing up gloves I have a bit of a reaction. Parts of me itch. And I also canā€™t tolerate a general anaesthetic. I beg for Ondansetron. Itā€™s the only drug that prevents the sickness afterwards.

2 Likes

Iā€™m allergic to Aspirin I come out in a big rash.
Also Brazil Nuts, my whole mouth and tongue swells up.
Also I am Asthma and COPD.

I agree with you Bretrick, in the old days, Children played in the streets, rolled around in dirt etc. and they were healthy.

4 Likes

I suffer with excema & used to suffer with dermatitis, but that stopped once kids were out of nappies, was the nappysan stuff caused that.
No idea why excema though, it just came, on my back, shoulders & arms, sometimes worse than others. Just on my back, a small patch & same on my right arm at present. I try very hard not to scratch it too, but boy does it itch.
I also am allergic to any stings or bites from insects.

1 Like

My allergies are to cat danders, I have a cat, wouldnā€™t part
with her ever.

Otherwise am allergic to all Shell Fish.

Allergic to perfumes in any products, so much caution
there, have to read labels endlessly.

Spider bites, mosquitoes, what a mess of things that can
be at times and in the summerā€¦

1 Like

I have sensitive skin if I use certain products or washing powders. I have used ecover for years for that reason. I used to have very bad reactions to some creams and cosmetics particularly around my eyes when I was younger. Even the nosebuds on my glasses would react with my skin. I would also react on the inside of my arms and sometimes neck and chest area. Some parts of the body seem to have more delicate skin than others. It has completely stopped since I started being very fussy about what I use on my skin. Mainly organic products without parabens. Once you stop using all the chemical-based products you can really smell the stink of artificial toxins when you come across them. I also donā€™t use air fresheners and rarely use scented candles. I think they contain substances that might give you cancer. I donā€™t believe in the safety tests they do.

I went through a phase of going into hospital with anaphylaxis. That was not much fun. The last time I was on a running machine at the gym. I had all sorts of inconclusive allergy tests but it hasnā€™t happened since I gave up gluten. My severe allergy developed in my mid 30s. Itā€™s interesting that my skin also settled when I gave up gluten.

2 Likes

What are cat danders?

Not allergies as such
But now im getting older
Theres lots of things i cant eat
Anything spicy cream, pickles, onions ā€¦
And i guess , there be more to come !

2 Likes

Brought up your olde post Tiffany as I have had dermatitis in the past and this time I am covered from everywhere except hands face and neck. I went up the Hospital last evening and got bloods done a chest x-ray and the usually tests they run plus put on a drip but no idea what that contained.
i got into a mild flair when the Dr said I needed to stay in over night. I said I am not and I said Why is that?
He said he would respect my wishesā€¦I then said if I felt the need I would but you not going to get rid of this rash so going home in 15 minutes! Which having signed the disclaimer form I got dressed and leftā€¦I had also gone their because my breathing was quite bad.
So the itching is terrible, maybe get some anti hisimine tablets or shoot myself lol

2 Likes

Hi, Dianne, I take these.

From my GP on prescription. Have done for years now, doesnā€™t stop the itching but does make it fairly bearable. The one time I stopped taking it, as Iā€™d not had the problem for some weeks, it came back so bad I wanted to rip my skin off. Back I went on the pills, I take one a day. Now loratadine is for in my case excema, donā€™t know if it would work for dermatitus too. There are other medications available I think.
My daughter suffers from dermatitus, but she only gets it on her hands & fingers, but hers is not bad enough to go to doc & she uses an over the counter ointment on hers.
Did your doc not suggest medication to you? Maybe ointments, tho medication is better if you get it badly?

1 Like

I get hay fever when the pollen count is high. Also had itchy, dry and flaky skin. This has not been so much trouble lately though.

Itchy skin can be a symptom of kidney trouble. Seems to be a lot better since all the medical treatment Iā€™ve had for renal problems,

2 Likes

My GP Doc is not aware how bad it gotā€¦The Hospitial gave me One antihistamine which was weird as they usually overload you with a huge parcel amount of stuffā€¦
Thanks Tiff I shall need the Pharmacy on Monday so shall ask for these and see it they stock themā€¦ Great when you get a quick response with something like thisā€¦Ta Dianne

1 Like

If they can supply them do make sure they will work on dermatitus.

1 Like

Yes will do the Pharmacy Staff are truly Amazing with advice.

1 Like

If anything has coconut in, it I will know in a couple minutes. I donā€™t know why, like stated above, it come out both ends.

Iā€™m allergic to rabies shot. Got bit by a rat in Turkey and the started to give me the series of rabies shoots in the stomach and swelled up like the hungry kids in Africa, before I even got out of the hospital.

Iā€™m also allergic to the silver looking medical tape. I get a rash from it.

I ate onions like apples when I was a kid. I still like onions, but people around me hate the cause and effect.

2 Likes

Please let me know how you get on.

1 Like

will try and recall but a week of medical rendez vousā€¦scream

1 Like

I get the same reaction from prawns, I can still eat crab, shrimps and other sea food, itā€™s just prawns. Once Iā€™ve purged them out of my system Iā€™m as right as rain. I even used to eat King Prawn in Chinese food and no problem. Darenā€™t try them now thoughā€¦ :078:

1 Like