Do you have an ipad what do you use it for

Mostly,but not exclusively,mart. I also use GNOME,which has built-in binaries for compatibility with Linux,plus on the SSD I keep a compacted version of FreeDOS,for the mathematical stuff. As far as Windows 10 goes,I’d rather eat my socks [and I know where they’ve been!] and the Apple system just defies any effort I make to acquaint with it. That iPad was a total failure,as on opening and starting it,the very first thing it did was demand a password for an ‘Apple I.D.’ that I haven’t used since Noah was a boy-so I got in touch with Apple…and was informed they’d reset it for £50,but it would take ten days. That was weeks ago. Nah. Sod Apple’s money hungry antics…it sits in it’s box to my right,never been used. I never heard back from Apple,so it can go in the bin. My binman may like it-I don’t.

Haven’t got one.

OK a reply to the topic title.

I play games on it.

I watch U Tube.

But most important I use it as a Phone…which cost nothing.

Be in America soon and can ring up my friends in England for NOTHING:-):slight_smile:

Thank you, everyone who responded :slight_smile: all advice duly noted.

I use mine for fb messenger
Flightradar24 for tracking planes
ISS Spotter for getting Space Station Times
Browsing forums like this one
Browsing fb
Mail to read my mail
Banking Apps to look at accounts
Twitter
Instagram

I bought a tablet 3 maybe 4 yrs ago. That’s similar to an ipad innit? :smiley:

I thought it would be nice to sit comfortably and browse online. But I couldn’t get into it :roll:

I rarely use it now, 'cept for taking pictures. :smiley:

If the laptop is having problems with a virus or something, I do use the tablet to go online to try and suss what’s wrong. If it’s complicated I then trundle to the library to use theirs and do an in depth look. I’m more comfortable using a proper screen.

So basically, I use mine for the camera, and going online if somethings wrong with my laptop. :slight_smile:

Oh yes you remind me I do take the odd photo with and have took the odd video on it, some of them very odd :shock::-p

E-Bay is a hassle but worth it before a product price collapses.

My son bought me an Apple IPad a few years ago. I used to use it all the time until I got my smartphone now it’s just in a drawer somewhere.

And have you decided?

Hi Missy :slight_smile: no I haven’t decided yet.
When my son came there was some discussion about my having his Ipad because he doesn’t use it he only needs his Iphone now . It is a top of the the range Pro but I don’t like accepting things. I may borrow it and see how I get on with it.

Grab it with both hands Meg, you will love it and if he doesn’t use it, its a lot of money wasted

Accept it, he’s your son, its not charity, its a son treating his mum

Mrs Dobra has given up in exasperation, so passed her iPad to me. First impressions are slick, but I can’t print a photograph…

You do need a compatible printer that’s true

Printers are cheap enough

I picked up a compatible one for £30 in Tesco a while back. Works lovely. Only thing I didn’t check was whether it was compatible with HP’s ink replacement service, it isn’t

Mr Missy loves his iPad and phone. For years he struggled to get to grips with a PC and just couldn’t use one, having to ask me to do everything for him. He’s a whizz now. I think it’s because of apps. He picks up his pad and there’s an app taking him straight where he wants to go and now he can print what he likes as well he’s in his element

They take quite good photos as well.

And as Missy says, accept it as a gift from your son. Would be a shame for it to go to waste when you need one.

They do indeed take good pics Gill :cool::shock::slight_smile:

With the newer iPads you can set the photo as ‘live’. So if for instance, as you take the photo, something or someone is moving, as you view the photo, the person/thing moves for a second or so. I have Holly doing it, a seagull flying across as I snapped the sea at Dawlish, my brother and SiL moving in the Apple store.

I have that on my iPad as well Jazzi :smiley:

That happens when I view photographs saved on The Cloud :slight_smile:

I find differing uses for mine. For me, sometimes the iPhone’s screen is just a bit small, and I miss not being able to use the Pencil with the phone.