Do you have a will for your stash of collectibles?

If you have a hobby, you have probably acquired a mass of stuff. All the stuff that goes along with your hobby and all the stuff you would get to if you just had the time.

If you have a collection of any kind, be it fabric, yarn, fountain pens, cigar holders, video games, books or stuffed iguanas, have you made a will for those items so they’re taken care of when you’re gone?

I’ve been watching as some children and grandchildren of fountain pen collectors who died and left the pens to their estate have now lost those items to estate sales.

If you have a collection of something, have you provided for it in your will?

Do you honestly think anyone in their right mind would flaunt what valuable collectibles they have, on a public site?

That would be sucicidal.

I have a much loved battered Snoopy.

I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Stop bragging :wink:

1 Like

Does leaving your body to science count as a treasure.

Asking for a friend :grinning:

1 Like

I’m not understanding this question. I’m asking if people have left a will for their collectibles. I’m not asking what collectibles they have or for anyone to flaunt them.

Will he be left to anyone or tossed to the wind when you’re gone?

OK, are you leaving them to anyone?

Depends on to whom, I guess. If the institution thought it was valuable, maybe.

I want him cremated with me because I know Mr M won’t cuddle him like I do.

3 Likes

Hi

I have taken the precaution of selling the crockery as my kids referred to it., it did rather well at auction.

What I have left is of sentimental value to me, no great monetary value.

Upon my demise my kids divide all my property equally among themselves so they will inherit my large collection of useful offcuts of wood and pieces of steel

3 Likes

My son says not to worry he will just order a skip .

2 Likes

I expect any collectables if worth any money will be sold by those who inherit , so if I had any thing worth money I’d sell and treat myself first before I left the planet .

Young people today wouldn’t be interested they would probably call it junk !

1 Like

If it was their collection of beermats, or similar… Yes fine.
Yet some people like to show off about their valuable collectibles and flaunting them on public forums isn’t a good idea!

While I wasn’t asking anyone to share their collectibles in my OP, it’s up to them if they choose to.

I post on textiles forums and fountain pen forums. People show their collections on those sites all the time.

Why do you think it’s dangerous?

All my stuff goes to my Daughter & she will undoubtedly sell it all too. :grin: :grin:
There is a lot, I am a hoarder.

1 Like

I am I suppose what you might describe as a minimalist. Consequently, I have no collections or collectables of any sort, I doubt this will change in the time left to me in this life.

3 Likes

Same here - I chucked everything out or gave it away when I moved house and virtually started again. So I don’t have much, and I don’t miss having much either :+1: What I have collected when the time comes, can just go in the bin really…nothing of any interest or value to anyone. Although I’d like it if my plants were taken care of :smiley:

1 Like

We are chucking masses away at the moment I’m quite determined not to leave my husband with the problem of what to do with my stuff. He has taken the idea to heart and is clearing his stuff out too. If we both go dogs trust can have anything they want including our share in our flat. Not having children rather simplifies it all.