Do you get rid of superfluous stuff from your home?

I have just started sorting out things that I no longer need/use with the view to making things easier for my family when I eventually pass away. Everything that is saleable goes to the Air Ambulance shop in town. However, we inherited many antique pieces from my late husband’s mother and I am particularly fond of most of them, plus some additional pieces bought by my husband and me over the the years. My sons have expressed a wish to have some of them and then I have asked that they sell those they don’t want after my demise. Everything goes to them in my will anyway.

2 Likes

I bought this picture not realising it was by someone famous…Patsy Rowland which really at the time meant nothing to me. I just loved the Picture…later when I took it out the frame to see what the actual painting was…as in Crayon or Chalks…it was Chalks and could be damaged by touching it…,so I hastily placed it back the frame again…
The rear has a personal note on it as I can tell it was a pressie to a special friend…
She was in many of the Carry on Films although she appeared in other comedies like Please Sir, Bless This House and several films like On the Fiddle 1961 A Kind of Loving 1962 …know this because I have an Obituary for her from the Guardian ,printed in front of me. :eyes:
She died 26th January 2005 aged 71 years
haha… in 1969 she played Nurse Fosdick in Carry On Again
Doctor…she done a lot of Theatre work as well…

3 Likes

Yep, we have seriously got to have a mega clean out starting this weekend, I’ve been putting it of for far to long. When at last we move next year I want to travel light👍

3 Likes

Where are you off to? Staying local or moving abroad, since you want to travel light?

2 Likes

Does anyone know of an auction I could sell an unusual retro electronic clock at, the sort of auction that designers or music moguls might use?

It’s a clear acrylic / perspex brick and in the very middle are all exposed old school electronics with a large red LED digital time display. Circa 1973

From cursory research, not many were made?

Try Tic Tok…stick with what you know about!

1 Like

Chile is a suitable Place, maybe… :thinking:

1 Like

Yes it is abroad Pixie, Scotland :wink: Hopefully either Bearsden or Milngavie, thought I’d come and lower the tone of your neck of the woods!
Seriously though, it’d be quite a relief to get rid of a lot of old stuff when embracing a fresh start :+1:

4 Likes

Ohhh I remember that conversation from before, now I think about it! Well good for you that you haven’t given up on the plan :+1:

Don’t chuck out yer wellies, that’s all I can say! :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes since my big clear out my Home feels so good…being 1801 build…spiders and such love all the crooks and crannies and Webs R Us has now lowered as well… less stuff to Weblings in… :smirk:
Seriously though when we moved we had taken really very little with us for inside the home… but how after 10 years it has built up again…Good Luck with the Move…
My Granny Louie loved Scotland and went there as often as she could… Grandad had his Fishing Boat down at Newhaven so they did often do their own thing…

2 Likes

And the midge repellent! :wink:

3 Likes

why do I think Wellies and Sheep go hand in hand…strange thought that though…mmm wondering now about that of course… :rofl:

A fishing boat in Newhaven would be wonderful! :heart_eyes:

We are smack in the middle of doing the same thing, Chilli. My goal is to fill this behemoth to the brim :sunglasses:.

3 Likes

You could buy one of those Bees Netting Out-Fits… :honeybee:

bees suit

1 Like

Yes and I found a Photo of him on his Boat the other Day…watch this space…as the saying goes…ok tis a miniature photo, but clearly Grand-dad Herbert…

1 Like

Goodness me, very impressive Surfermom!
I’ve suddenly come over all inadequate :astonished:

1 Like

I’ve got one already, after a couple of beers later on I might just post a couple of racy pictures striking some hot poses… :beers: :honeybee:

2 Likes

Blimey, steady on everybody…goodness, what’s everybody been drinking today? I thought I was being dangerous with my spicy prawns and a glass of red. Clearly not!

3 Likes

Shall We Trixie Nut…you could be a thingy jig and I could be the other one thats doing the …ooo the ink has run out now… :clown_face:

1 Like