Do you ever…

….think you are doing well and suddenly , out of the blue, fall flat on your face?

I don’t think that’s ever happened to me (yet) because I generally don’t trust in doing well as a lasting situation, but I would find it very distressing (if I were more trusting in the longevity of good fortune).

3 Likes

Probably should have used the ok instead of well. I’m never doing well but at times I like to think I’m doing ok.

Literally happened to me last night. And I mean literally. I was having an ok day. Things were going ok. Just as I was wrapping things up on a decent day, my foot caught the edge of a box and I fell to the floor. I landed on my hand which I thought might be hurt.

But today is another day. My hand is ok. I’m happy about that. Some things went ok today. Some things didn’t.

Life goes on.

1 Like

No, I don’t think so because, as I learnt again yesterday, whatever I do will be criticised by someone else no matter how well-meant my intention was. So I have no illusions about my well-doing.

1 Like

I’m very self critical but I’m optimistic too so I just dust myself off and keep trying

2 Likes

the more paces you take the greater the chance of falling flat on your face, it’s just simple logic.

2 Likes

If I open my eyes in the mornings I’m doing well…So far, so good…
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I usually do okay with most things I attempt. Bette Midler’s The Rose is spot on :+1:

2 Likes