Do you ever have a 'dithery' day?

Woke up this morning full of good intentions. Began well - a good long walk - boiled eggs and toast for breakfast - then sort drifted from there.

Decided to wash my hair - went to bathroom - found one of my scalpels in there - don’t why - took it back to Craft Room.

In Craft Room - found a dead centipede on the floor - took it to pedal bin in the kitchen.

In the kitchen - noticed I not yet washed the breakfast dishes - did that then prepared vegs for dinner - realised I had forgotten to to take the meat out of the freezer - went to the garage to do that.

In the garage - decided to make up a batch of weed killer to clear the drive. Did that - needed to wash hands again - back to bathroom.

Remembered I was supposed to be washing my hair - couldn’t find any shampoo - back to Craft Room to PC to add shampoo to my Sainsbury order. Heard a crash in the Sitting Room.

One of those, by now invisible cats, had knocked the fruit bowl over. Picked it all up - took it to the kitchen - washed, dried, and back in it’s bowl - was returning it to the Sitting Room when I noticed one of the DVD shelves was sagging in the middle.

Reorganised some of the DVDs to distribute weight more evenly - found one I hadn’t seen for years - took it to sitting room to watch while finishing a decoupage project

And so it went on! Is it just me - or do any of you also have such dithery days?

3 Likes

Except for the centipede, it sounds pretty nice. Nothing pressing or urgent, but still doing stuff. Then posting here and connecting with other people.

Sounds like a good day from here. ::zen smilie::

2 Likes

Heavens yes! I always get sidetracked when I’m “supposed” to be doing something. Its worse when I come across something I thought I’d lost. I was reminded of this video…quite relatable

3 Likes

@PixieKnuckles - Oh Yes - been there - frequently! Thank you.

2 Likes

Even blokes have dithery days. :smirk:

It’s happening to me now: I woke, made tea, logged on to find I’ve got an anonymous PM: someone’s “flagged” a comment I made six months ago. I don’t know who or why. Most unsettling.

2 Likes

Yes, I have them too, more so since the lockdown I’ve noticed. It seems that meant all regular routines went ‘out of the window’ and it’s taking a long time to get that back. Also I noticed that since retiring there’s none of that urgency to get things done as there’s more time available. Sometimes I do decide just to have a whole day where nothing matters, that’s usually as a result of feeling stressed so I just do what I please and when, if that’s nothing at all then that’s how I am all day. It is nice, after many years of rushing around to do everything, to just have the choice so I make the most of it.
:grinning:

1 Like

This sounds like my normal MO to be honest :joy:. Well, since I retired anyway, because you know, there’s plenty of time isn’t there? So no need to plan, it’ll be easy to get everything done, won’t it? Er no, and no. I spend the day flitting from one thing to the next, frequently interspersed with popping in here and other SM to see if anything interesting has happened. I’m going in my craft room soon, but I’m kind of picturing what it looked like when I left it yesterday, so I know I’ll have to have a big tidy up before I can get started on anything. And I know that’s likely to lead me to lots of dithering … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:joy:

Ms d00d and I have had a coffee, made a plan, I can see clearly now.

No dithering.

2 Likes