Do you enjoy ironing?

Ha Ha :slight_smile:

I am not working on being immortal I just can’t see any benefit in doing ironing . I don’t work live in the country so have no have no need .I hang my sheeting out to dry in the breeze so they don’t have many creases in them and anyway who cares they are bed linen ??? If I want ironed sheets I would stay in a hotel .
The world will not stop if everyone stopped ironing !:slight_smile:

If everyone did stop ironing just think of the savings on electricity bills and how much that might help the environment. Perhaps we might even be able to drive our future ‘electric’ cars a few miles for free on what is saved! :wink: :slight_smile:

Your wearing of creased clothing doesn’t bother me Harbal, especially as I do not have to look at you.
:wink:
I have more self-respect than to appear unkempt but if you would rather spend all your time and effort on a forum rather than spending a small portion of that upon your appearance that is your choice, and I suppose that at least by doing so you’re decreasing the time inflicting your wrinkly-clothed appearance on others.
:smiley:

Ah but think of the mass unemployed of those workers that once made the irons.
The ironing businesses that would no longer exist and provide work.
:twisted:

Any way, surely dry cleaning uses far more resources and energy than ironing.
Why not stop all dry-cleaning instead?

I’m so glad to see there are others as sensible as I am on the matter of ironing. Why on earth do creases matter? :102: I just chuck my washing over the handrail at the top of the stairs until it’s dry, and then bung it away. The benefits of ironing are just a myth, perpetuated by the manufacturers of electrical goods. There are even studies that suggest wearing ironed clothes can lead to serious health problems. The mainstream media don’t want you to know that, and that’s why you never hear about it.

You flatter yourself if you think I wear creased clothing just to bother you. :roll:

When I used to work, my wife and I would take it in turns to do the weekly ironing. She wasn’t particularly enthusiastic about my ironing just the front and collars of my shirts (my view being that I’d never be taking off my jacket, so nobody would ever see the back).

Since retiring, we rarely iron anything other than for funerals and weddings.

As if!

I have just ironed eight shirts, two pairs of trousers and will shortly be ironing the change of bedding.

Don’t iron underwear, though.

Similar comments were made about new technology replacing people, it was always “they will find work in the new technology industries”. That does seem the case as the supporting industries were needed the same as they always are.

Why not ban everything? That’s how it seems to be going these days. The economy is hardly in a good state what with coronavirus and before that, Brexit. Anyway with everything linked, no matter that it’s in small ways, once those links are broken I reckon there will be many, many wider problems as a result. Like all this kind of thing, only time will tell.

Time has told

LONDON, July 27 (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund has sharply revised up its growth forecast for Britain’s economy this year after giving a more downbeat assessment in April when the country was only just beginning to relax COVID-19 restrictions.

British economic output slumped by almost 10% in 2020, its biggest drop in more than 300 years, as it suffered one of the world’s highest official death tolls for COVID-19 and endured months of curbs on business and social activity.

But on Tuesday the IMF forecast Britain’s economy would grow by 7.0% this year, the same as the United States and the joint-fastest growth rate among major advanced economies.

This was 1.7 percentage points higher than the IMF forecast in April, the biggest upgrade for a major economy.

But there is still room for Luddites

A girl after my own heart. I very rarely do any and try to buy things which look OK without ironing.

I only Iron what I need to, pillow slips and duvets, never ever iron sheets, most of my clothes don’t need ironed, if they did I would iron them

I was going to post a picture of my blouse before it was ironed, I can’t figure out how to post a picture yet on the new site, I’m loving the challenge.:+1:

Right click on the photo you want to post, click copy, then paste into the reply box.

Thank you, caricature, I don’t know how to copy and paste, lucky I have my son who can show me how to do that next week,:+1:

Its easy really, put the cursor over the photo, right click the mouse look for the copy option then left click on that, go to the reply section, right click in there, and look for the paste option, then left click that and your mothers brother is bob.

2 Likes

Ok, I will try it later, you’ve picked up very quickly caricature, :+1::+1:

I’m hijacking a ironing thread, oops.

:sweat_smile::joy::rofl:
:wink::wink: