Do you enjoy ironing?

I love it!!..:slight_smile:

How about you, it certainly makes a huge difference, :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing nicer than freshly ironed linen - especially if it has been dried out of doors. Have been known to take the ironing board out into the garden and iron clothes straight from the laundry line!

OK to send you my shirts to iron then, pauline3? Shirts are all I iron and I hate having to even do the ironing, in fact I have to be watching TV to do it – so, so boring! :wink: :slight_smile:

Of course you can,:lol:

I just like watching all of the creases coming out Baz,…as ST said nothing like freshly ironed sheets also pillow cases, lovely, :smiley:

She said ironed linen ,it was me who said the sheets.:wink:

I hate it, but get on with it. I have to have the house to myself and I put one of my Linedance CDs on loud, then I’m all set to go.

I never do any .
Life is too short .

1 Like

When I used to work in an office many years ago I would iron 5 shirts and 3 pairs of trousers on a Sunday evening ready for the working week.
Now it’s all casual wear,even in the office.

That’s true, maybe not for every office though, my son works in an office, which is also casual.

When he goes on business meetings he wears a shirt and tie.

You mean you went in two days a week without trousers? That is taking ‘casual’ a bit too far!

Make that two of us. A pointless and time-consuming exercise.

Life’s too short to iron. Life has also been too hot lately :lol:. My ironing board and iron are up permanently in my sewing room, because that is virtually the only use I make of them - ironing seams flat when I’m sewing. Ironing clothes? Hardly ever, and only if something is very obviously creased and I really want to wear it :wink:

I used to know someone who ironed everything - if it got washed, it got ironed. I’m talking socks, knickers, towels, tea towels. Even dish cloths. I always thought she must lead a very boring life.

hahaha! There seems to be a theme here now… :shock:

As a single dad I had to do the ironing. Three children, 15 school uniforms,and another 5 for me. That was the Sunday chore after the kids went to bed.

:blush::blush::blush:

Ironing?
What’s that?
I rarely iron. Oddly enough tomorrow I have to iron a new table cloth and napkins since I’m having company visit and stay for a while. I get extra fancy with company. Most of my clothes are made from bamboo so don’t need ironing. I’m not a fan of ironing.

I never iron anything, decades ago I threw out any clothes that needed ironing. Total waste of time.

Actually I do have an iron because my kids occasionally need to use it (they are in the military) but I never use it except to do things like weld plastic together.

What were you two thinking of doing that takes longer?

That takes longer than ironing? Loads of things. All a heck of a lot more enjoyable than standing at an ironing board and covering myself in steam :lol:

I love using starch on my sheets, love that crisp feeling,I also like the look, I see so many creased t, shirts on people, I feel like asking them if they would like me to iron it,…somehow I don’t think that would go down to well.

No, no, what takes longer than life? surely that is the longest thing you will ever do? I thought perhaps you and Muddy had some esoteric plan to do something that takes longer.

Hi

Exactly right.

I pay to get my ironing done.

I would rather clean sewers than Iron.