Do you eat raw Oysters?

Thinking of Oysters I think just Pearls…otherwise I’d run for the sick pan…
any fishy stuff like that I feel the same…

2 Likes

We used to buy shell fish, direct from fishermen, in Portugal, and they’d give you a bottle of seawater to keep them in. Would get squirted all over the kitchen, but a good way to wash them out inside.

1 Like

We ate lobster when we were in South Africa, Taiwan and elsewhere when my family had the opportunity.

Raw is not wrong. I like my steak very rare, I like steak tartar and carpaccio. Raw fish such as sushi and sashimi is delicious. Offal should almost always be lightly cooked.
Of course, I know that things like poultry needs proper cooking. But I prefer raw oyster fresh from their shells to cooked oysters.

I’ve been put off now. I keep forgetting our sea is full of filth these days :frowning:

3 Likes

It makes me want to vomit just at the thought of eating an oyster :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Yes, it’s one of those things that the more you think about it the more angry and frustrated you become.

3 Likes

Depending on which Rugby team ‘Lost’ the match.
“Shucking and Chucking Method”. The ‘Tie’ Breaker.
Shackle to a piece of string.

Pull it In and Out. Up & Down.
Winner.
Whoever can do it the most times. Without being sic :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why don’t oysters share their pearls?
Because they’re “shellfish”! …:laughing:

4 Likes

Never had oysters - not something on my bucket list. Neither is sushi. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I Love them, i could eat them all the time !
There an aphrodisiac you know …. :grinning: :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

So true Annie
My husband will not touch and fish or seafood now , because of what they eat at the bottom of the ocean

2 Likes

I used to go cockling with my dad ,when we went on our summer holidays to the kent coast
We waded through thick mud out to sea ,
Bought them home , and dad cleaned and cooked them
Beautiful taste !

2 Likes

Perhaps I’m missing out here :thinking:

2 Likes

Try them chilli……just put on lemon juice and swallow … :grinning: :grin: :laughing:

2 Likes

Okay…you’re on!
Next day trip to Brighton I’ll try one…lock up your daughters!

1 Like

Lol lol…the best place to have them chill…
Btw , Must be followed by a glass of champers !

2 Likes

Really Cosmos!!!
you’re a very bad influence… :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Yuck Noooo, Even reading this thread is giving me trouble holding onto my breakfast. :nauseated_face:

1 Like