Do you check if your vehicle's rear lights are working?

Easy way to check them is to watch the reflection when parked outside a building with a glass front.
With the rear of the vehicle facing the glass.

2 Likes

I guess that you mean the brake lights the other lights are easy to check. I look at them illuminating my garage rear wall to see that they are working.

1 Like

That is exactly how i check mine Bretrick.
But apparently,if one is not working it shows up on the dashboard the same as if the tyres need air.

I remember trying that when I was in doubt after someone yelled at me as they were driving past that my brake light wasn’t working. It was difficult to find a glass window that reflected well enough to show my light but not so well that it was glaring so I couldn’t see. After driving around a while, trying to find the perfect glass building, I took it into the repair shop.

I wanted to put a sticker on my bumper that said, if you’re checking my brake lights, you’re driving too close.

2 Likes

I don’t know if my vehicle has that facility.
It has been in the repair shop for almost 7 weeks now.
Blasted used car salesmen.

I get my brake lights check once/year when it goes in for an MOT.

1 Like

Simples…Find a suitable volunteer to stand behind the vehicle in question and report any deficiencies in the illumination…A wife or husband would be a perfect example, but if you are divorced, for a small fee (plus travelling expenses) I would cheerfully take on the roll of volunteer…I’ve got references should they be required…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Yes I park near the greenhouse and can easily see the reflection.

1 Like