Do you agree that sometimes you have to give up on people?

Wherever Whatever. Route we take. There are always. Two sides.
A Lane. Easy to Cross Over.
A Motorway. Less easy. Care Caution & Diplomacy.
:wink:

4 Likes

I would venture to say, it does not teach you not to care , but makes you realize more,that you cannot help someone who is unwilling to help themself.

3 Likes

With NO recognised effect here, on 50+. Elsewhere on SM.
<<< Gives Up. On Whingers.
Who post in detail, something superficial, perceived of genuine concern. Asking for help.
Well meaning readers offering such [10>20 Responses]
Not one acknowledgement. Or response, from the. Never seen again, with that NdeP.!! Originator.
There’s one thing with getting something “Off the Chest”.
Quite another, canvassing advice. And totally Ignoring those with sympathy and advice.

2 Likes

I have had to give up on two friends. Both very toxic. It took me a long time to finally realise I should just walk away. Now I’m very cautious about who I let into my life

4 Likes

It does take a while to realise some people are simply bad for us to be around.
When we are finally out of their clutches then life becomes a great deal easier.

4 Likes

Yes.
We have Five Senses. Barely One Useful, In the Digital world.
None at all. In the AI. world.
Developing and relying, on a sixth. Accumulated “Intuition”.
Sorts. The Wheat from the Chaff.
And. Re viewable!

2 Likes

So true

1 Like

I have to admit, even though I am all in on helping others as much as I can, I am still quick to distance myself from people, but even those I distance myself from I still make myself available to help them find / contact any resources which may assist them in getting the help they need, you never know the path one may have traveled to get to this point in their life, especially vets.

1 Like