Do we have any good cooks on here?

Never trust a thin chef

I love cooking. I have been cooking since I was 9 years old and I spend a lot of time at it. I have hundreds, if not thousands of recipes that I have collected over the years. I love Asian, Mediterranean, Balkan -including Greek and Middle Eastern food.I also love modern and Indigenous Australian food. Mostly seafood. Not all that interested in European food but I do like hearty Provincial French food. Not Parisienne. Too precious and wanky for my liking.

A man after my own heart, Keezoy. I love to try food from other countries/cultures. Am quite good at Russian, Polish and Japanese. Don’t really like French. Love sea food.:-D:-D

Me neither, Susan, like is too short!:smiley:

I love cooking too…as somebody else said nobody died …yet :slight_smile:

There is nothing nicer than cooking a lovely meal for someone you care about and sharing it together…better than any expensive present…

I was very competitive, when younger as a cook,…:-D:-D…

Each to their own, if they want to be competitive, what a boring world if we were all the same.:slight_smile:

Same as cooking…

I agree summer, I love cooking more so for others.:smiley:

I love to cook. When we married the only cookbook I owned had a section at the back on world cookery. Recipes categorised by country. I made a vow to cook at least one recipe from that section every week and it certainly gave me a taste for being adventurous with my cooking.

Last night’s meal was air fried chicken with pineapple sauce and coconut rice - all cooked from scratch. Not a dish I’d made before and it was delicious, but next time I will make some adjustments to the sauce recipe.

1 Like

Have you got an air fryer,Bathsheba?..coconut rice and that pineapple sauce sounds yummy…I make my own sweet and sour sauce, then freeze what is left.:smiley:

Yes Pauline, and I wouldn’t be without it! Although the pineapple sauce and coconut rice I cooked in the traditional manner on the hob.

:lol::lol: It’s a slow cooker. :lol:

Have you had Spitty round again? :lol::lol:

I wouldn’t say I was a good cook but Mrs LD often says she prefers my food to anything she can get in a restaurant. I suppose you can get used to anything eventually. :lol:

1 Like

How wonderful Pauline! Your son is spoiled hey :slight_smile:
Please do share some of your recipes and pictures of your meals with us on the Food and Drinks tab! I love trying new recipes so I would love to try yours out :smiley:

Not too many active cooking thread seem to be going atm? - I personally cook a few asian dishes and Indian curries from recipes on the sauce bottles! - and occasionally spaghetti bolognese but just came across a cooking show and watch it mouth drooling Rhodes Across Sicily - Gary Rhodes [seems to be a perfectionisto too!

I have never been a big fan of Italian food but this show filmed exclusively in Sicily had my mouth drooling. He was joined by two young sorta apprentice chefs and an Italian Maitre Dame. The show was well produced and the cooking well Gary sorta supervised by the Maitre Dame [name lost in the mist of time]

But I was so impressed and it did make my mouth drool - but the Maitre D did point out that Sicily is really another country within Italy with its own customs and menus. He cooked lamb and fish and scallops all laced with excellent oil - he may have also visited a cheese factory? But if you have a somewhat jaundiced view of Italian food or have eaten poor quality perhaps; take a look at the show I think it will change your mind. This just might be a kick start to Italiano heaven??

1 Like

@gumbud - I am glad you revived this one, Gumbud. I love to cook, invent recipes, and try dishes from other cultures. Favourites being Irish, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Russian and Polish. Have quite a collection of international cookery books - a lot of them compiled/published by the Australian Women’s Weekly people - they are excellent. When I feel the need to relax - I raid the kitchen cupboards and freezer - and cook up something delicious. My friends joke about it - one even bought me a little wall plaque that says “My kitchen is my happy place” - but they all come round quickly enough when invited to dinner!

1 Like

Gary Rhodes was an excellent chef, sadly he passed away, he certainly was a perfectionist…

I love Italian food, Lasagne, spaghetti bolognese, etc, thanks for sharing gumbud,:heartpulse:

1 Like

my pleasure - hope to read some of your easy dishes! and catching Pauline too sorry to hear about Gary P - he seemed such a passionate and caring guy. Mind you we get these shows some years later than the originals. mind you the show will know doubt return so must look out for the date next time?

Chicken tagliatelle is a very easy dish to cook, it’s not a healthy dish with all that cream and cheese, but it’s so delicious, I cook it for my on, I may have a tiny amount, everything in moderation I say.

Thanks for bringing this OP up gumbud, you’ve got me thinking cooking now and I loooovvveee to cook,:heartpulse:

moved to new thread “cooking for one only”?

1 Like