Do extra terrestrials exist

Sorry Primus, I meant that the human mind has no limits to what it can think…
Everything that has been discovered or invented was the product of someone’s mind who dared to believe it could be possible. And then someone else can see the possibilities and potential and takes it to the next level. But you can only go so far with the materials at hand, sooner or later those materials will either run out, or limit how much further you can progress.

I can’t honestly see an Amoeba on a faraway planet having the intelligence to transcend the vast distance of space and arrive here, in what would likely be a hostile environment to itself. Too many if’s and but’s in my opinion. And we might not even be here when it finally arrived. Because we have only been somewhat intelligent for a couple of thousand years, that would be a hell of a window to try and hit after several thousand light years of travel…Give or take a million years…

Same as anyone over 65 years old now.:lol::wink:

The trouble is the theory of relativity, time is relative, but only to itself.:wink:

This will really mess your head.

:017::017:

https://sciencehook.com/2020/04/10/comparing-black-holes-white-holes-and-worm-holes/

At present, space-time wormholes are only theoretical constructs derived from general relativity; there is no experimental evidence for their existence.

Black holes are found to exist. White holes and Wormholes are also yet to be found in case they are present.

There is a school of thought that suggests we have been at this level of progress before, and the discoveries and inventions are nothing new, just regurgitated from times gone by. Are we once again reaching the highest we can build the tower of progress before it all comes crashing down and we have to start all over again…Better start learning how to draw on cave walls again…:cool:

Get that, makes sense.

Yes Foxy, we have been busy making Artifacts for future manifestations to discover.

If that is so then the previous civilisation fell a long long time ago or there wouldn’t be the quantity of fossil fuels still around. Surely any working the way up from hunter gatherers will go through a period of exploiting fossil fuels during their rise. Nothing in the fossil record suggests cyclic civilisations either that I’m aware of.

I think OGF is quite right in a way. Look at the Ancient Egyptians. Despite a number of theories, there is still no definite explanation of how they built the pyramids.

Perhaps they even had forms of machinery of which we are not aware of.

Ah, so where are they now?

Inside the pyramids? :lol:

Hi
I am a scientist, and also a cynical Yorkshire man.

I do not believe in Conspirancy Theories and in popular parlance I am as hard as nails.

Twice in my life things have happened which I cannot explain.

The third time it was Rendlesham, not there at the time, but there for the aftermath.

It is unexplainable even today with our current scientific understanding.

That could have been ball lighting.

Discounted by many but, although very rare, it has been seen by some.
(The video above is actually a fake, but a very good one.)

Hi

Rendlesham was covered by RAF Bawdsey during the Cold War.

It had nuclear armed Bloodhound Missiles there

I was moved before it closed.

Sorry, SF. You’re wrong there.

Bloodhound were British anti-aircraft missiles and were definitely not nuclear armed.

You don’t need a nuclear warhead to shoot down an aircraft, even the biggest one!

My theories are not ‘Conspiracy’ Swim, just theories open for discussion.

A good point digitalham, however, if civilisation had progressed somewhere else and came here because their own planet had gone the sameway as ours. Perhaps that would explain some of the mysteries surrounding the pyramids etc. We are also in the process of finding other places to live.

Hi

We will just have to disagree on that,

The Mark 3s where deployed, nukes designed to stop incoming nuclear ballistic missiles with an EMP.

Sealed info to 2031, but well known.

It will be sealed again.

I don’t want to go on about it, but the Mk III was never actually deployed:

Read on to the end to read a list of deployments:
Royal Air Force
No. 25 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 33 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 41 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 62 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 65 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 85 Squadron RAF (Mk II)
No. 94 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 112 Squadron RAF (Mk I) and (Mk II)
No. 141 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 222 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 242 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 247 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 257 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 263 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 264 Squadron RAF (Mk I)
No. 266 Squadron RAF (Mk I)

Incidentally, those were the days when we still led the world in such areas!

Remind me of what field you are in?

I saw something hovering in the sky for a few minutes about 20 years back. Very still, not blown by the wind (so it wasn’t a balloon or anything) It was shaped like an arrow. It was in the Spring, and I was in a park filled with other people, but nobody else looked up or seemed fazed by me pointing at whatever it was. My husband was with me and he saw it too but shrugged it off in that guy way (!). It was too low for a plane, too large to be a kite - especially the way it zoomed off suddenly and vanished before it reached the horizon. So I have no idea what it was.

What colour was it? Just asking. Interested.

That’s actually a difficult question, JBR…I can’t say. It wasn’t light, or dark - I mean it was a bright enough day, so it wasn’t reflective, but - and I know this sounds weird, but it wasn’t a colour. Probably makes no sense at all, but it was just there. It wasn’t even in shadow if you know what I mean…gosh I sound like I’ve lost it now :smiley: