Do dreams mean anything?

Some people believe that dreams have meaning. If you’re flying in your dream, that means something. If you’re falling in your dream, that means something else.

Other people believe that there are themes in dreams because it’s the unconscious trying to work something out.

Still other people believe that dreams are just random images floating around from the day.

What do you think dreams mean?

It probably means that you have eaten too much cheese before bedtime…
:yawning_face:

1 Like

I am pleased to see this thread! About 10 days ago I started sleep talking, something I have never done before.

My son heard me one night and said I was talking for ages.

I actually woke up and I was saying “thank you. Thank you very much.” :rofl:

This morning my husband told me I was talking as clearly as if I was wide awake last night. I was talking about visitors to our holiday let and saying how they come and go and loads more.

Does anybody else sleep talk?

Don’t know…there’s nobody here but Me and I’m used to talking to Myself anyway :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I talk and sleep walk Rosebud,my dh says i talk most nights and sleepwalk every few weeks.
Strangely enough my son and my grandson does too.
I also dream but put it down to un-finished business.

I once dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow and in the morning my pillow was gone……

1 Like

Father Dougal and Dreams:

:laughing:

1 Like

Dreams are a Mish mash of our thoughts, fears, happy memories,anxieties and everyday humdrum experiences.

As for being in tune with premonitions, and the other side so to speak I think not, as much as I’d like to believe.

2 Likes

I hope your pets don’t get near your bed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t have any pets………anymore!!

2 Likes

I often have “lucid dreams”, in which I wake up inside the dream, realize that I am dreaming and, sometimes, control the dream as I wish.

Often they are plot-driven and may involve being lost and chased.

Apparently:

Being chased is the second most common recurring dream and the most common recurring dream for women. Dreams of being chased were the most common recurring nightmare for women and the second most common recurring nightmare for men.

Allegedly, people who tend to procrastinate or avoid confrontation have this dream frequently.

Dreaming about being chased could also come from a feeling of intense anxiety experienced during the day. Scientists have speculated the prevalence of this dream could be evolutionary and confer a survival advantage. In other words, dreams about being chased could be a kind of practice of escaping from predators.

:thinking:

1 Like

I suspect that dreams are caused or affected by your diet.
Protein is conducive to an active brain, hence breakfast should contain plenty of protein to be alert through the day…Something to do with serotonin?
Wiki says:
Serotonin is a chemical that carries messages between nerve cells in the brain and throughout your body . Serotonin plays a key role in such body functions as mood, sleep, digestion, nausea, wound healing, bone health, blood clotting and sexual desire.

Complex carbs are best in the evening to allow the brain to be stimulated and wake up with plenty of energy after the carbs have been converted to glycogen in the muscles…

I went back to sleep this morning at 7am and woke at 10am , i had the most vivid dream about a lost dog running around on my road , it was a Spaniel , of colour it was white with light brown patch on its back .
I called to it and it came into my home , it played with my own Dog ,and i decided to keep it .
Not sure why i had this dream , cause ive said im not having anymore when my present one dies.

Yes, and apparently I speak a foreign language too!

If you have wet dreams I suppose you must have peed in bed. :rofl: :rofl: