Distressing footage

I’ve just watched a you tube video called “ look what you’ve done” it was released by Durham constabulary regarding a crash on the A1 last year, sorry I can’t post links but I’m sure it can be found, it’s very harrowing and not for the faint hearted, but it shows the dangers of using a phone at the wheel…

1 Like

Was that the lorry that ploughed into a line of stationery traffic? It was on TV, commemorating the anniversary of it happening. Truly shocking, so frightening for anyone who witnessed it, but by God it must haunt the emergency services who had to deal with the aftermath.

1 Like

Yes Sheba, we forget that our emergency services are human too…

1 Like

I have mentioned on here before how many drivers me and my husband have seen on their mobile phones whilst driving.
Sadly this will happen again and again.
RIP to those poor souls who lost their lives, and lots ol love to the families whos lives will never be the same without them.
As for the driver,words fail me,but my god,he will suffer as will his poor family.

Yesterday while driving down to Bristol we had a near miss .
We had just come pass to an exit ( we were not getting off there ) and were in the outside lane when the car in front slammed on its brakes and veered left half into the middle lane .
Luckily Mr M was able to brake in time too and veered completely into the middle lane
The reason we saw was the car in front of the car who had braked had stopped dead in the fast lane .
You could not believe it ,there he was stationary in the fast lane .
As we drove away I looked back and saw the stationary car turn left drive across the two lanes at a right angle in front of a lorry ( whose driver must have nearly have had heart failure ) and off up the exit .
He had overshot the exit !
As I saw these cars coming up to us this thread was in my mind .
Needless to say we were somewhat shaken .

If people cannot understand why they should never use a mobile whilst driving, perhaps we should permanently remove their driving license.