Dirty Toilet - is it mould?

Looks like there’s already been an explosion in that bog - explosive diarrhoea.

Seriously though, I’m reading a Stephen King novel where some nasty people mixed two cleaning agents to get chlorine gas to kill people.
Don’t try that at home! :shock:

When we were kids, my brother and I mixed together all sorts of household cleaners and bleaches to make foul-smelling (no doubt toxic) concoctions just so that we could try out some gas-masks we bought from a jumble sale. :lol:

Happy days. :smiley:

:lol:, life was s simple back then.:lol:

I will, thank you Tess. I will just be using bleach, as I just use bleach cleaning my own bathroom appliances. Bleach doesn’t particularly like me chest, nose and eye wise, but I trust bleach to do the job so I don’t mind that, I will just need to use more on his :wink:

Oh Mags, thanks, yes I will definitely be wearing mask, and rubber gloves.

:lol::lol: :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well do tell, did the gas masks work? :mrgreen:

I found this online. Really revolting and I make no apologies for showing it, 'cos it’s apparently from a film called Trainspotting, The worst toilet in Scotland with Ewan McGregor.

Warning do not watch if you are easily offended!

:smiley:

Is that the hand of God?

Looks a bit like an LSD Toilet.:lol:

Not a limited slip differential BTW.

It looks like he’s lost something in the toilet - I wonder what it was? :017: :lol:

Mags… suppositories. :smiley:

Here’s a explanation about the scene:

'He takes opium suppositories to combat his heroin withdrawal.

Unfortunately, the timing is such that before the drug can take effect, his constipation has suddenly gone in the complete opposite direction.

His only option? To avail himself of the “Worst Toilet in Scotland,” which is so filthy and splattered with unidentifiable brown sludge that it makes him — and the rest of us — retch as he fishes through his own excrement before literally diving headfirst into the muck looking to salvage the newly passed suppositories’.

:shock::lol: :078:

You would be good at writing ‘dirty stories’ Pesta! :mrgreen:

Yep. However, let’s not use Pesta’s comment above to start this as a “continue the story” thread:shock:

Tess, I know what you mean, and that is why I said back in the beginning to ask the man if he had been pouring anything down there before Pesta started putting more chemicals down.
I thought it looked like creosote or similar. :slight_smile:

Mine or his?..Haw…only jok’n. But no. JUst a total lack of any sense of hygeine or giving a sh*t (pun intended) about anybody else that might have no choice but to use that…thing. And just for the record, I am not a psychoanalyst. That is a medical specialty. A branch of psychiatry. One has to have an MD or MB. BS first. In this country leastways. My qualifications are in social work and applied psychology. And most importantly…I’m retired!..:lol:

And may I say Sir, seemingly with all cognitive function in place.:wink:

There’s condoms in there too??:shock::lol:

Doesn’t bleach dissipate after a while ?

Mags, I can’t take any credit for that - it’s from a website, hence the quotation marks. :smiley:
Like you, I had no idea what that scene was about so Googled.
This is the best bit:

'Thankfully, in reality the bathroom set was anything but grimy. “It was meticulously clean,” remembers the director, adding that all the faecal-looking elements were, in fact, different kinds of chocolate. “The set smelled really sweet — delicious, really, kind of like a confectionery. You could have licked the chocolate right off the bowl.”

:slight_smile:

Quick Google …

‘Bleach rapidly degrades in the presence of light and when mixed with water. Bleach solutions require a full 10 minutes of contact time to ensure complete disinfection. If bleach solution evaporates in less than 10 minutes, a greater volume of solution should be applied’.

Yesterday, Miss Madam did the bathroom. I did the kitchen and part of the bedsitting area.

She did a sterling job in the bathroom. Clean loo, shower, sink, floor tiles. She said it wasn’t too difficult to scrape the stuff off with bleach and brillo pads :slight_smile: No pictures of the clean loo I’m afraid. She forgot to take them, maybe she took some today, I don’t know. We’re not speaking at the mo. :roll:

What a fractious day yesterday was between us. Our different ways, methods, priorities got in the way, as usual. The heat and humidity didn’t help, coupled with only two small opening lites in windows, constantly boiling kettles of water (no hot water in the kitchen area) adding to the humidity. Just so much CRAP everywhere. Still is.

Anyway, here endeth the dirty loo saga.

Full stop.

Maybe…

‘‘Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Bleach can expire. After a shelf life of six months, bleach starts to degrade. Even in its original bottle, bleach becomes 20 percent less effective as each year goes by. Bleach mixed with water at a 1:9 ratio (i.e. 10 percent bleach) is potent for about a day (it’s more unstable in its diluted form).13 Feb 2006’’