Dieting - how is everyone else losing weight and are your ways working?

Mee too I was gadding about like a two year old, planting tomatos, peppers and making jam and chutney then all of a sudden I feel really tired and just cream crackered again.

Orf to the docs I hope tomorrow for some medicine.

Well done to both you and Mr Cookie on your weight loss :041:

Hope you get rid of that nasty chest infection soon.

Conrats on your lass it feels great :wink:

Well done to you and MrCookie, Cate …:smiley:

Hope you get some medication for your chest infection today.

Woke up feeling a bit better and less congested. I figure that I am at the end of this now as it doesn’t hurt to cough any more and the coughing up stuff is not so disgusting. I went to a walk in clinic a week ago Monday and the doctor told me that it was too early to have any anti bionics.

My chest isn’t wheezing and I do feel so much better physically plus Mr Cookie has it now and he would have to get up and drive me to the doc. He has his tonsils so he gets tonsilitis or man flu

However, he was up and cooking breakfast saying that he doesn’t feel so bad. Bless that man losing weight has turned him into an angel,…nearly…almost…well somewhat.

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better today, Cate:-)

Poor MrCookie, by losing all that weight he hasn’t the strength to argue with you now!!! :wink: :lol:

Mr Cookie is the head of this house and he has my permission to say so.:021:

18th March another weigh day. Still not feeling right bloomin chest cold is hanging on. Will go to docs tomorrow deffinitely.

Mr. Cookie has lost another 2.2lbs and I have lost 1.2lbs which isn’t bad as we have been off our vittles and just drinking hot drinks.

Mr Cookie hasn’t done his blood test before meals as he hasn’t really been eating much at all.

This diet works chemically and you need to eat to lose weight. cooked a nice leg of lamb for week-end and a chicken curry but neither of us fancied much although Mr C is keeping alive on a very hot chilli that I made. He says it works better than vick, menthol or TCP.

You’re both still doing very well. How’s your chest now?

Not too bad, went to the doctors last night and got some antibotics. Should be cleared up soon. I am fed up with not feeling well, I have too much to do. Seeds to plant, jam to make, garden to tidy. Yikes think I’lll go to bed it tires me outh thinking about it.

:lol: Yes Cate, a woman’s work is never done! :wink:

Hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

Feeling much better, made some mint jelly this morning, glad to be ‘doing’ agian.

That’s great, sounds like you are on the mend :slight_smile:

glad your feeling lots better

Thanks ladies for your support.

It has been ages since I last posted here. I have been so busy making jam and chutney, pickles and jellies. I have so enjoyed myself but taking the odd teaspoon of this and a tad of that have been taking in some sugar which has stopped the Atkins way of losing. However, thanks to Atkins my appetite has become a manageable force and not a monster so even if I have too much sugar with all the extra work I am keeping about the same weight. That is nearly two stone less than when we started.

Hubs has gone from strength to strength and has continued the no sugar approach even though I try and make him taste something I a very pleased with he has only taken a smidgin and therefore has lost another couple of pounds.

We have been busy getting ready for the Nigel Haworth’s Food Show so hubs has been busy ‘looking’ stuff out that we thought were lost. During his search he opened a suitcase containing loads of shirts that he just grew out of and now he has lost so much weight he can fit in them again. He is thrilled and it has given him new enthusiasm to carry on, even though he would like some rustic bread.

Hubs has to go to the doctors on Friday because they need to lower his medication. The ladies at the surgery do not feel happy about him doing the low carb diet but they cannot argue with the results.

I just had to pop in and tell anyone who is interested that when Hubs went to the surgery the nurses were very busy and running late so nothing much was said except that hubs had protein in his urine and as they said that is what you get from ignoring us and staying on the Atkins diet.

Well he gave another sample of urine to be sent to the lab sat back and waited for another appointment which happened on the 22nd May.

He was in the surgery for ages and I got really worried thinking about the urine and the protein and everything. When he came out he was beaming it appears that the nurses called him in to apologise for their rudeness about the Atkins way of eating. They said that they had never seen a diabetic patient change their numbers so dramatically. They said his cholesterol was only 4.5 against 5.5 before Atkins. His tryglycerides had dropped one point his blood sugar was not a diabetic reading over three months and that there was no protein in his urine just that their strips were dodgy.

We were over the moon and I can tell you that I was so relieved. Mr Cookie was seriously ill a couple of years ago with high cholesterol, high blood sugar and tremendous obesity. Today he is way way way better and I am so glad.

He has been supportive and has worked so hard. I am grateful for him and the fact that I might keep him longer than ever.

I’m pleased for both you and Mr Cookie, Cate and I hope his improvement continues.:slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Mags. As you can imagine we have great respect for the nurses who asked him to come in so that they could apologise.

Yes Cate, full marks to those nurses, I don’t think many would have done that.