Did you hear about Phil Collins spine injury

Genesis - best rock band in the world, IMO. So sad to read this

Poor thing - Though I never did like his voice
We have a friend who is a drummer and he will confirm what a strenuous occupation it is

Options

He  has  been  fotunate  to  choose  an  industry  where  fame  and
Fortune  come  quickly,  so  if  he  has  been  prudent,  he  should
have  sufficient  funds  to  tide  him  over  till  he  can  make
alternative  arrangements.  It  is  sad,  it  it  is  a  loss.  But  he  is  still

Going to be OK, his biggest problem is frustration.
The great magority of our poplulation have been suffering
from this for generations.So l feel no symphathy his situation,
Although l admire his obvious talent, l see no reason to
treat him differently from bthe rest of us

Regards,     Donkeyman.

Donkeyman, with respect, did you notice this thread was written 10 years ago?

OMG Mups! I thought this was a new thread!
I need an update on poor old Phil and his back!

Apparently Genesis are now talking about reforming once again. Phil Collins is definitely not playing drums anymore but he would retain his singing duties. Phil’s son Nicholas would be drumming with the band.

I’ve always appreciated the music Phil Collins is responsible for, ‘Tubular Bells’ being the most memorable, for me anyway.

Looking for more information after reading this thread I found this from December 2018, the most recent news courtesy of ‘Mr Google’ that I could find:

Had a couple of friends went to see him last year in Newcastle and he sat most of the concert and just concentrated on singing and I must say his voice as lost a lot of its power as well.
All good things must come to an end I suppose.

Will always be remembered for some great music.
Don’t think I would want to watch him struggle like that though.

My belief is he should just concentrate on writing more music and leave it to others to sing it.
But he as always been a limelight grabber so I suppose its to be expected he wants to be on stage.
Perhaps he may need the money after all he as had 3 wives and we all know how they like spending brass. Didn’t he pay out £25 mill to one of them as a settlement not so long ago. :lol:

After all wasn’t he estimated to have a £120 million left in his kitty on the Rich List. :lol:

Gosh is he really that rich Longfellow can you imagine having that much money.

Makes you wonder why he bothers struggling to perform…I can understand him wanting to make music but performing in front of thousands knowing people will judge and say he isn’t as good as he used to be…very confusung

I have to agree there, nobody likes to see someone like Phil Collins struggling as he must do these days with his health problems.

Maybe it doesn’t come down to money, it could well be that personally he gets so much out of what he does that to give up on that might be what he is struggling against. It must be personally devastating to be forced to give up on something you really love doing and have done for years.

I remember reading that about his son a while back too, Floydy. Have never heard any more though.

Genesis: Tour ‘putting it to bed’ after 54 years

“Phil Collins is returning on tour with Genesis, despite ongoing health problems, including back problems following surgery.”

Having just seen an item on BBC News and found this thread, again, I thought those who contributed to it might like to know the latest news, see link below:

Such a shame to see Phil Collins has had to change how he presents his music, even more so when I can remember what Genesis used to be like. I guess that although health problems have caused this it has not diminished his love of music and wanting to be on tour with Genesis, possibly for the last time.

Wash yer mouth out Baz… :astonished:

Morning OGF, good to see you posting again, you are ‘getting there’ as they say!

Yes, thanks for the reminder, mouth now suitably washed out! :frowning_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

I know that was something that I posted incorrectly, my apologies, that ‘bugged’ me for some while. You may know how it is when you know you’ve posted something but have not gone back to edit it in time (on OFF that was)? Also not a good time in my life right then so it was overlooked rather than get the Moderators to put it right, as I should have done.

For the record (excuse pun) it was Mike Oldfield who was responsible for Tubular Bells not Phil Collins, a brilliant album nonetheless I reckon.

I think Phil Collins is touring again next year.

No problem @Baz46 I wasn’t being pedantic, but like you, I think it’s the best album ever created and the most played piece of music by me ever…I never get tired of listening to it, and I know every note off by heart…So much so…I’ve learnt to play it on the spoons… :042:
And thanks Baz, I’m feeling great now, although the energy runs out about lunch time… :icon_cry:

I am the worst pedant there is, I am always finding mistakes and errors so no problem here. That is all part of being in the printing industry for 55 years where errors used not to be allowed, but no longer it seems. :slightly_frowning_face:

Good to hear your energy levels are returning OGF, mine run out very quickly anyway even though fortunately I’ve not contracted covid, it’s just an ‘age’ thing I reckon! :grinning:

Can’t see me using these, was hoping Covid was history by now, never know, may be cancelled last minute.

Hopefully you will be able to use those tickets. It seems if rescheduling takes place you will still be able to use existing tickets. I had a quick search for this but could only find the link below, relating to the O2 in London but I would guess the same will apply to any dates that have to be changed. On that link is also wording “Hang on to your ticket – it will be valid for the new date.” Fingers crossed for you anyway spitfire.

Thanks Baz, I will keep my ear to the ground.