Did you hear about Phil Collins spine injury

Poor ol’ Phil Collins revealed he will never play the drums again due to a painful spine injury. He can’t even hold the drum sticks. He’s played the drums for 50 years and now has to stop. His verterbrae has been crushing his spinal cord because of the position he drums in. I’m not even sure he can play the piano either any more. He can still sing thank goodness.

It’s very sad. I’m a great fan of Phil Collins and Genesis.

How sad…I am a great fan too, have been for years…

That is sad :frowning:

Awwww poor chap. I too am a great fan of Genesis, have been ever since my late teens. never get tired of listening to them, both with Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins singing,they sound so alike at times. Yep love em to bits:-p

I too am a great fan of his music … So sad not to be able to do something he must love doing…:frowning:

But looking on the upside, there maybe something they can do for him. He has his tallant for writing songs, and his voice, so perhaps he can do at least part of what he loves. Let’s all hope something surgical can be done, ya never know. :slight_smile:

Haven’t heard about this-very sad :frowning: I think Phil Collins is a great all round entertainer and hope something can be done for him.

Mind you, when he’s been in concert these last few years he’s mainly only sung, now we know why.

Poor man that sounds very painful :frowning:

Genesis - best rock band in the world, IMO. So sad to read this

Poor thing - Though I never did like his voice
We have a friend who is a drummer and he will confirm what a strenuous occupation it is

Options

He  has  been  fotunate  to  choose  an  industry  where  fame  and
Fortune  come  quickly,  so  if  he  has  been  prudent,  he  should
have  sufficient  funds  to  tide  him  over  till  he  can  make
alternative  arrangements.  It  is  sad,  it  it  is  a  loss.  But  he  is  still

Going to be OK, his biggest problem is frustration.
The great magority of our poplulation have been suffering
from this for generations.So l feel no symphathy his situation,
Although l admire his obvious talent, l see no reason to
treat him differently from bthe rest of us

Regards,     Donkeyman.

Donkeyman, with respect, did you notice this thread was written 10 years ago?

OMG Mups! I thought this was a new thread!
I need an update on poor old Phil and his back!

Apparently Genesis are now talking about reforming once again. Phil Collins is definitely not playing drums anymore but he would retain his singing duties. Phil’s son Nicholas would be drumming with the band.

I’ve always appreciated the music Phil Collins is responsible for, ‘Tubular Bells’ being the most memorable, for me anyway.

Looking for more information after reading this thread I found this from December 2018, the most recent news courtesy of ‘Mr Google’ that I could find:

Had a couple of friends went to see him last year in Newcastle and he sat most of the concert and just concentrated on singing and I must say his voice as lost a lot of its power as well.
All good things must come to an end I suppose.

Will always be remembered for some great music.
Don’t think I would want to watch him struggle like that though.

My belief is he should just concentrate on writing more music and leave it to others to sing it.
But he as always been a limelight grabber so I suppose its to be expected he wants to be on stage.
Perhaps he may need the money after all he as had 3 wives and we all know how they like spending brass. Didn’t he pay out £25 mill to one of them as a settlement not so long ago. :lol:

After all wasn’t he estimated to have a £120 million left in his kitty on the Rich List. :lol:

Gosh is he really that rich Longfellow can you imagine having that much money.

Makes you wonder why he bothers struggling to perform…I can understand him wanting to make music but performing in front of thousands knowing people will judge and say he isn’t as good as he used to be…very confusung

I have to agree there, nobody likes to see someone like Phil Collins struggling as he must do these days with his health problems.

Maybe it doesn’t come down to money, it could well be that personally he gets so much out of what he does that to give up on that might be what he is struggling against. It must be personally devastating to be forced to give up on something you really love doing and have done for years.

I remember reading that about his son a while back too, Floydy. Have never heard any more though.