Did you ever think about running away from home?

I did once. When I was 15.
Packed my bag, walked out up into the hills.
Only got about 2 miles from home.
Why? The only thing I packed was my LP Collection. About 60 of them.
Too heavy to carry :grimacing: :laughing:

3 Likes

When I was very small pre-school I think.They found me in the shed with the chickens because I wanted to live with them.That’s as rebellious as I got.

3 Likes

A gang if us had it all planned when we were about 7, then we realised it was DrWho night in the telly, so we didn’t :rofl:

3 Likes

No, there was no reason why I should have. And I probably didn’t expect that any problems would be solved by that. Life was hard enough and running away would’ve added some problems.

2 Likes

When I was 16, I made it out the door but I wasn’t driving then. 2 years later with a driver’s license, I was out. I didn’t drive away. Others still drove me but I got a little more independent.

1 Like

It was around the time I was 16 and tried to run away to get away from my abusive parent. It didn’t end well.

2 Likes

I did exactly this! Thought it would be lovely to live with the chickens

2 Likes

When I was about 10 I decided to run away and went to live in the shed at my Grandfather’s allotment - that is until I saw a massive spider living there, so I retuned home.

1 Like

Yes, last week …but then went and bought the milk and took it home, just as I said I would.

1 Like

I’ve actually left home twice since I’ve been married…
A couple of nights back in the seventies when I slept in the car in Sherwood Forest after a spat with Mrs fox…She can be so argumentative sometimes…
The second time was in 2017 when I stayed 4 nights at a Premier Inn in Hull…
In 51 years of marriage we have never been closer to divorce as we were in 2017…
Sometimes you just need some space…

4 Likes

If you leave me can I come too?

1 Like

:grinning:

2 Likes

Oh sinner man where you gonna run to :smiley:

2 Likes

It wasn’t very smart, taking the radiogram as well :icon_wink:

1 Like

My best mate and I did. We were about 10 at the time. But we got back home in time for tea.

I didn’t exactly leave home but when I was five I found a ground floor window open and decided it would be a good idea to climb out and explore.

Fortunately I was noticed by a responsible adult, a friend of the family and swiftly returned home.

I can’t remember if I got a good ticking off or not, probably did and rightly so :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No never,but my sons at an age of around 14/16 thought they new everything and didn`t like rules,so i told them to leave home while they think they know every thing.
They never did :rofl:.
Left home around the age of 25.

1 Like

My sister left school at 15. It was her first job in a hotel. I seem to recall that she was a bit naughty. Now she is almost aged eighty and still just as offensive as ever.

1 Like