Did I hear correctly? There are no more UFO's visiting Earth

Unidentified Flying Objects first appeared in1950, replacing “Flying Saucers”.
So we will no longer see UFOs.
They have been replaced by UAPs.
Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena.

When I read the title of this thread I assumed that it was about a massive decline in UFO sightings - rather than a renaming of these sightings.
And that made me think pretty much all the UFO visits had stopped. Which, I guessed, was because they had been already and decided to give up on mankind. As a lost cause. And can you blame them?

1 Like

I would have thought we would be perfect for a takeover. Kick us off this planet and claim it for themselves. :thinking:

I’d think the intelligent aliens would calculate that with a few decades there will be no-one left to kick off. Which would make any such claim that much more simple and less prone to future claims of reparation…

1 Like

Or perhaps there was no such thing in the first place… :009:
Just a big media con, and the cons get bigger and better with climate change and electric vehicles…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I often see identified Flying Objects. lucky Sue’s aim is not that good

1 Like

It would be nice to finally get intelligent life on this planet. The present incumbents certainly don’t seem to possess a lot of it.

3 Likes

I believe there never has been UFOs, the ‘sightings’ all have a logical explanation be it only a trick of the mind.

I saw an odd ‘phenomena’ recently while out walking late at night, strange round circles of light in the sky that travelled around in a circle before disappearing. I have seen them before . They are caused by floodlights at a venue some miles away where a music festival was being held .
I put UFOS in the same category as gods/witches/santa clause and the tooth fairy.

2 Likes

The basement-dwelling searchers are going to love the clout they believe that this will give them :wink:

New t-shirts for everyone!

1 Like

I agree to a point …. But the tooth fairy ummmm.

2 Likes

Beam me up Scotty. There’s no intelligent life down here.

But, back to UFOs. Yes they do exist. Not saying they are from other plants. Just saying they are unidentifiable at the moment. Like a lot of the new aircraft that are in development.

And, yes, I believe there are other life form in the universe. Some that are father advanced then we are, some that are premive compared to us. And then I believe there are some that we can’t even picture or even imagine in our minds.

2 Likes

Even galactical numbers are astonishing - 100 billion stars in our galaxy. So it does seem possible that there is another solar system that has a planet that managed to be in the right temperate zone for life, managed not to be destroyed over the last few billion years by asteroids or other planets or fall into an orbit too close/far to its star, was lucky that the star it orbits has been fairly stable over the last few billion years. And that some form of life developed. And didn’t wipe itself out over the latter development millennia through warfare, pollution or over-population / lack of resources.
But even then, and its a very,very low probably by this stage, that life form would need to work out the technology for inter-stellar travel. All the space ship travel stuff of sci-fi (warps, holes, drives, etc.) are, well, the stuff of sci-fi. Fiction with zero basis in science. Light speed remains a serious limit on travel speed. Our galaxy is 100,000 light years across. It is big and most likely a star with the right planet, at the right stage of development, is going to be a long way away. And the energy required to accelerate then de-accelerate is beyond imagination.
My own view, no UFO’s and not likely to be any in the future either.

4 Likes

Bearing in mind the number of planets I think it is not unreasonable to suppose some do have life on them. I have heard people argue that these planets cannot sustain life, but that is supposing that all life forms require the same things as humans to survive.

Whether we have received visits from other planets is another matter - I can’t help thinking if another life form wanted to contact us they wouldn’t land in the middle of nowhere to confront a single lone person. As for the “flying objects” some people claim to have seen the majority can be shown to have quite mundane explanations - the sightings I tend to give most credence are those reported by airline and airforce pilots.

3 Likes

Only you could put those three things into the same basket. I do wonder about what’s in the water in Yorkshire…
Still, I look forward to the forthcoming exciting, mega-budget, blockbusting films about carefully driving a small, electric car around the streets of Leeds. Who’s getting the lead role? Matt Damon?

1 Like

You managed to get electric vehicles and climate change in a thread about UFO’s.
You are on form today OGF

2 Likes

There’s an American UFO researcher with a You Tube channel named Richard Dolan. He writes books on the subject and says that the sightings are becoming more and more prevalent.

1 Like

He should stop reading his own books :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Given that advanced evolution depended on the exceedingly rare chance that our mitochondria exists because one of our archaic ancestors randomly absorbed, used, and somehow replicated the information from another mitochondrial precursor cell in endosymbiosis, the chances of life looking anything like it does here on earth is approaches zero.

Statistically, if we want to fine life out there, it’s likely single-celled or unrecognizable to anything we have here on Earth. It probably doesn’t look like plants either, because endosymbiosis is a precursor of chloroplasts, too.

Break out the microscopes and forget Mother’s Day and Father’s Day; need Mitochondria Day!

3 Likes

So Jim Kirk wouldn’t have much chance with any female alien then?

3 Likes

Not unless she is a mitochondria and he doesn’t have his own powerhouse.

I would get into the details, but this is a family-friendly forum :rofl:.

4 Likes