Dianne's today... Latest Saga

What happened to cause the bleeding Dianne and why did they send firefighters round? :lol:

(hope you get well soon!)

1 Like

@DianneWoollie I feel quite queasy after reading that Dianne :astonished:
Its a cross between a horror story and a french farce :grinning:

2 Likes

Good Grief Dianne…how on earth did that happen?:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Our medical services work with the Pompiers…the Fire Service.
They are Qualified Medics and are used the same as UK Ambulance Drivers…
The Bleed was a small surface blood vessel, apparently…No answer to why, although I do a lot of foot work more than…

2 Likes

Gosh that must have been so scary for you, Dianne! I hope to goodness it doesn’t happen again…can you prevent it at all?

3 Likes

Good heavens it sounds like something from a horror film, with blood suddenly spurting out of you.

Take it easy, foot up and get waited on hand :raised_hand: and (bloody) foot :foot:

3 Likes

Di, must say I was shocked when you told me what had happened.
Glad to see you’re back home in one piece. :grinning:

1 Like

Thinking… :thinking:Trixie Knuckles I feel somebody was trying to silence me…no chance of that… :innocent:

Take a pick…Trixie Knuckles…[a] or [b]

[a]

[b]

Hey there used my body in that first picture :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes and when it stopped and then started again by Lunchtime I was in a Panic Mode…Good at not taking notice of sensibility…at times…

I can imagine it being very worrying for both you and your husband, but it’s good to see that you’re okay other than losing a bit of blood.
That stuff goes a long way as you found out and it can be scary to see, although often it’s not quite as alarming as it looks but still … at least you’re sorted and at home rather than being passed from pillar to post in some busy hospital.
Have some e-flowers and some e-grapes, so you don’t miss that hospital feeling. :wink:
:bouquet: :grapes:

1 Like

Chillie6 your now in Cuckoo Land…change your Avatar by all means to Captain America… but I know your more like a Superman. :innocent:

1 Like

@DianneWoollie
Glad you’re feeling better
Take it easy x

1 Like

Thankyou…
The Hospital has all main departments plus A&E, but was so quiet.
You can’t enter until a member of staff allows you to.
The first thing is cleanse hands and then they take your Temperature…then your headed to admin…
I was wheeled about which I kept going to get up and out of and they are there…no no no…Madam Dianne…
Then it off to a single room and I was lucky as a British Nurse introduced herself to me and we had loads and loads of chatter, yes we put the worlds to right… whilst others, were studying my leg…
.I saw two people queuing for A & E…that was on my way back to the waiting room.

They had even phoned My Husband to return of me…haha wonder if he will turn up… :zipper_mouth_face:
There was basically Silence in the Hospital which obviously is not always the case…Our first occasion a few years ago, was certainly busier, but still very peaceful. Just do not expect edible food…

1 Like

Oh Dianne…you don’t even need to ask :heart_eyes:

No of course not Trixie K…knowing you like a joke…haha [b] all day long… :rofl:

1 Like

Oh my word Di!

I just read this thread now!

Are you ok? What did the doctor say?
I’m certain the shock of those fireman in your living room must have been a bit much!

Do they really look like that picture you posted in the thread?

Asking for a friend…

:grimacing:

Are you ok - seriously?

Minx I am really good this morning although I kept waking in the night which is just the way things happen sometimes…
I can reflect on my stubbornness, just dig a hole for myself by not doing what professional people know best. I thought it would cure itself over the course of the Day…
Yes the fireman were like that…in my imagination and obviously in Trixie Knuckles also… :innocent:
…I have to keep my leg upwards for a few days still, but hey no big deal…
The Hospital staff were all Gems, they did what they know is the best course which is pressure on the bleed point and keep the leg upwards to slow the flow…not much else they can do.

Obviously it was a tiny blood vessel so no other treatment…
It sounded worse than is was…anything with blood always is scary and dramatic…
Hopefully no repeated episodes…

1 Like

Dianne, I believe French Firefighters all look like that, and nobody will change my mind! :laughing:

Seriously though, I’m glad you are a bit better - maybe it bled so much because the skin on the ankle is thinner?

I am not a doctor, this is just a guess! Always consult a medical professional…or a fireman :+1:

1 Like