detached retina recovery

Hi, I recently had to have an op to re-attach a retina. Anyone else had this - how long before vision returns?

I had one many years ago and it took about a week for the eye to fill up with liquid and work again but I seem to remember they forbade me to drive for a couple of weeks.

Did you have it lasered back on? Techniques might have changed since I had mine done.

When I think about it, it was nearly two decades ago.

Hi, interesting to know, and it does sound like you experienced a different technique. I had my surgery done in the university hospital in Bordeaux. They used the gas bubble technique where small bubble of nitrous oxide gas in placed by the retina to hold it back against the eye.
For me, it is not just not driving (for a month) but no pressure changes - so no flights.
My sight seems to be slowly coming back so I’m hopeful that the (very unpleasant) surgery was worth it

Why have you started a new thread about following your recent one about exactly the same subject:
Detached retina operation & recovery - Health & Diet / Health & Diet: Questions / Help - Over 50s Chat

Very simple - I think because I am new to this forum the forum admin did not publish my post without them approving it. I tried a number of times to post new threads and posts on existing threads. In total the posts waited 5 days to be approved. In that time I deleted some attempted posts (if they had become out of date with a thread’s discussion) and re-posted some others.
In this annoying wait I accidentally ended up with two new threads on one topic - detached retina. I apologise for that but I do think that waiting 5 days for posts to be ok’d was the real problem.

Yes, I can certainly understand that. I’m afraid this forum, which was once very efficient, has become far more restrictive and bureaucratic since it changed.

Perhaps someone in authority (not sure who they are now!) can combine both threads. That would benefit us all as two running in parallel are bound to create duplications.