Depression and serotonin

24 people died at the Chelmsford Private Hospital in the 80s after deep sleep therapy, court cases about this are still going on today.

Iā€™m guessing sleep deprivation will reset the natural serotonin/ melatonin balance increasing serotonin. Probably a similar effect to taking speed. Long term sleep deprivation can lead to psychosis.

1 Like

Hi

Sleep deprivation improves your mood?

If that was the case I should be ecstatic.

It is impossible to sleep in hospital.

1 Like

And soon administer a vaccine by lawā€¦

I wonder what can be prescribed for conspiracy theoryitus ?

1 Like

The BBCā€¦

If considering possible outcomes in the future are conspiracy theories, the whole concept of global warming and climate change is also a conspiracy theoryā€¦Just saying.

2 Likes

Sometimes it is just easier to say ā€œIm Fineā€ After a while the depression feels normal.

Iā€™m depressed. I no longer find joy in life.

how is your physical health Chelsea?

1 Like

Can I recommend some of this;

2 Likes

Thatā€™s another fine mess you got us in Psmith!

1 Like

Itā€™s not very good since I moved.
Iā€™ve got sjogrens which is an autoimmune disorder that attacks all the bodyā€™s internal organs including the brain
Thanks for asking. Iā€™m requesting to be euthanized since itā€™s legal here.

Ahh! :two_hearts:Thatā€™s really sweet , thank you. :blush:

1 Like

In my personal experience, when I have been offered ā€œhelpā€ or an open ear to listen and understand, I have instead found that anything I say can and will be used against me, so I have learned to rely on myself and keep things to myself for my own safety. You canā€™t know what otherā€™s past experiences have molded them to become. Not saying itā€™s good or right, just that is how it is sometimes. I would love to be able to trust others to listen, understand, and give the help their words say they want to give, but my experiences have shown me that this is not to be trusted.

1 Like

I believe that it is very dangerous to tell folks of most of our personal thoughts or experiences, because I trust nobody to keep it to themselves, especially if they tell me that, ā€œā€¦you know, you can trust me.ā€ Or, ā€œYou can tell meā€¦Iā€™ll tell nobody else.ā€ The only trouble with having to do things that way, of course, is that it increases the isolation!

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that Chelseaā€¦
I think on the whole people just try to be helpful and advise you on what they would do.
Being a naturally optimistic person Iā€™m afraid I can offer you very little advice except, you are a very important member of this forum now, and I personally would miss your posts if you were to leave usā€¦xx

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of that. Doesnā€™t it cause dry eye and dry mouth? I didnā€™t realise it also attacked the brain. I deeply sympathise. Itā€™s totally understandable that you are depressed with such a condition. Itā€™s so difficult to see the beauty of the world when in the throes of physical suffering.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly. ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹

2 Likes

Dry mouth and dry eyes are the classic first symptoms of sjogrens but it actually attacks all the organs in the body including the brain and my brain hadnā€™t been doing good lately

Thank you for caring :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Chelsea have you ever heard of the counselling technique called ā€œcreative visualizationā€ this can be very effective if you are receptive to such innovation - try ā€œVisualization for Changeā€ by Patrick Fanning - get back to me if you have any questions. I assume you have tried most other things?

1 Like