Depression and serotonin

Sometimes it is just easier to say “Im Fine” After a while the depression feels normal.

I’m depressed. I no longer find joy in life.

how is your physical health Chelsea?

1 Like

Can I recommend some of this;

2 Likes

That’s another fine mess you got us in Psmith!

1 Like

It’s not very good since I moved.
I’ve got sjogrens which is an autoimmune disorder that attacks all the body’s internal organs including the brain
Thanks for asking. I’m requesting to be euthanized since it’s legal here.

Ahh! :two_hearts:That’s really sweet , thank you. :blush:

1 Like

In my personal experience, when I have been offered “help” or an open ear to listen and understand, I have instead found that anything I say can and will be used against me, so I have learned to rely on myself and keep things to myself for my own safety. You can’t know what other’s past experiences have molded them to become. Not saying it’s good or right, just that is how it is sometimes. I would love to be able to trust others to listen, understand, and give the help their words say they want to give, but my experiences have shown me that this is not to be trusted.

1 Like

I believe that it is very dangerous to tell folks of most of our personal thoughts or experiences, because I trust nobody to keep it to themselves, especially if they tell me that, “…you know, you can trust me.” Or, “You can tell me…I’ll tell nobody else.” The only trouble with having to do things that way, of course, is that it increases the isolation!

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that Chelsea…
I think on the whole people just try to be helpful and advise you on what they would do.
Being a naturally optimistic person I’m afraid I can offer you very little advice except, you are a very important member of this forum now, and I personally would miss your posts if you were to leave us…xx

2 Likes

I’ve heard of that. Doesn’t it cause dry eye and dry mouth? I didn’t realise it also attacked the brain. I deeply sympathise. It’s totally understandable that you are depressed with such a condition. It’s so difficult to see the beauty of the world when in the throes of physical suffering.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly. ❤️‍🩹

2 Likes

Dry mouth and dry eyes are the classic first symptoms of sjogrens but it actually attacks all the organs in the body including the brain and my brain hadn’t been doing good lately

Thank you for caring :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Chelsea have you ever heard of the counselling technique called “creative visualization” this can be very effective if you are receptive to such innovation - try “Visualization for Change” by Patrick Fanning - get back to me if you have any questions. I assume you have tried most other things?

1 Like

One could always let fate decide, and ignore human input. :grin:

try that with ya bikes spits?

I actually have done creative visualization and will start doing it again. Shakti Gawain had some creative visualization techniques that she taught and I listen to her tapes often and did so for years. They really worked miracles. I shall check out your resource . Thanks

and if youz all could just get out of UK for 9mths of the year for a sunny beach in spain would be great heh??

If global warming is to be believed, there will be enough sunny beaches here shortly. And you can rub sun tan cream into your partners back while watching all the rubber boats make dry land…
:sunglasses:

“” heh darl - those rubber duckie things seem to be gettin bigger and bigger and bigger and they;re full of whumoons!!