Delivery times - anyone else experience faster delivery from abroad?

I notice that if ordering an item from China or Japan it is often quicker (re distance) than getting the same from a UK company and better tracking information as well. One company that offers “prime” service is or can be next day but you pay extra for that. I just can’t get my head around why UK companies don’t get their fingers out and provide fast delivery times without having to pay extra for it

item being tracked from China

1. 4 Nov 2022

6:24am

ARRIVE DESTINATION AIRPORT

1. 3 Nov 2022

1:14pm

DEPART AIRPORT

1. 2 Nov 2022

7:12pm

ARRIVE AIRPORT

1. 2 Nov 2022

6:04am

Third Party - in transit to Yodel

1. 1 Nov 2022

11:47pm

Order departure

1. 1 Nov 2022

10:03pm

Order under processing in Buylogic

1. 31 Oct 2022

8:21pm

Order received in Buylogic

1. 31 Oct 2022

11:41am

Order generated

1. 31 Oct 2022

8:00am

Parcel data received awaiting coll.

1. 31 Oct 2022

4:14am

I ordered a somewhat expensive item for my wife online, from order to delivery just over 18 hours.
Two other items for Christmas using Amazon Prime next day delivery was spot on time wise.
Hasn’t always been the case though.

Funny you should start this thread RS, I spent £1250 on an electric motorcycle wheel from China, paid for it on October 3rd, the UPS label was created on October 13th, and, it has stayed at this status on tracking ever since (23 days), I am beginning to get slightly concerned.

Spittie
Have you been on the UPS site for tracking? should give you an indication if they received the parcel or not. Maybe the seller took your order and did not have it in stock (did you check first) yet still raised a UPS label for it. I am often quoted up to 28 days but after your 23 day wait there should have been some sign of movement . UPS are not the best on their tracking service I have found
You could ask the seller what they have regarding tracking inforemation

Yep RS, I am in regular contact with the seller, you would have thought that a courier would have had a flag in their system when a tracking status does not change after a certain amount of time. Because I have the tracking number, any query I try to raise just takes me back to the tracking status as is.