David beckham and the queue

…until he squeaks… whoops Sorry… speaks!

How those other people stand there for hours? Are there toilets? Is there food and drink? Do they sleep even?
They have to be admired for being in the second longest queue ever!!

2 Likes

When we went for Princess Diana there were those portaloos scattered around… not sure if they’ve got them now but I would expect they have.

Re sleep, nope! :lol: The atmosphere keeps you awake, at least it did when we went for Diana. It’s unlike anything I’ve experienced, people were genuinely moved by her and it really showed, in their faces and with people recollecting stories about her, how she made an impact in their lives, what she meant to them, etc. There were people from all walks of life there - there was even a t-shirt of the Pakistan cricket team stuck on to a tree and someone had written “loves you Diana” underneath the printed team name ‘Pakistan’. Candles and flowers everywhere, it was extraordinary.

She was an incredible person that brought people from all walks of life together, perhaps particularly important to those who had otherwise been persecuted or looked down upon. I wish there were more people like her in this world :cry: :orange_heart:

2 Likes

@Maree, l like that mirror heading, Beckham snubbed instead of dubbed ??

1 Like

@Azz , Dianna? Nah, she was the biggest fake of them all imo ?
The way she used look through her eyelashes ,at people yyuucck ! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

@Muddy,. Beck’s is ok till he takes is shirt off ! (or opens is ngob?). IMO!:grin:

Sounds like you would have liked her to look at you through those eyelashes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Demure is the word you’re looking for :wink:

1 Like

@Muddy Nah, she was too skinny fer me LOL!

On the subject of attention seeking. These loons will have queued up for hours to show what imbeciles they are .

Perhaps there should be a thread devoted to queuing, could be interesting?

My Mum used to say that Brits developed a high tolerance for queuing during WW2, when we had food shortages and rationing.
Mum said it was a bit of a joke during Wartime and post-war rationing that if folk saw a queue outside a shop, they would join it, just in case!

Was it the Hungarian Comedian, George Mikes who wrote in the post-war period -

‘An Englishman, even if he is alone, forms an orderly queue of one,’

‘At weekends an Englishman queues at the bus stop, travels out to Richmond, queues up for a boat on the Thames, then queues up for tea, then queues up for ice cream, then joins a few more odd queues for the sake of the fun of it, then queues up at the bus stop, and has the time of his life.’

2 Likes

Brits were queuing in a nice and neat organized and disciplined queues while in many other countries people were still pushing, gathering in a mess and jumping queue.

Brits are very civilized. :wink:

@mei Thank you for that Mei !
But l don’t get the link between queueing and civilisation ?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Well, the British Army were very polite and organised when they formed a neat queue and let rip with their guns at the Amritsar massacre in 1919. Can’t get much more civilised than that.

1 Like

@Dextrous63 ,. You’ve upset me now Dex !
I will AVE use googlento look it up !!
I hate using Google !! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

@Donkeyman , you never seen the film Gandhi? When Edward Fox took troops into that square and started shooting?

Oh dear this is not at all what I had in mind. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@Dextrous63 ,. But that was just a fillum Dex, lm surprised at youse !!

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

@Donkeyman. Alright, alright already. I get the picture. Here you are…

@Dextrouse, That was considerably worse than any film Dex!
The version l have seen focuses on the fact that it was carried out by
lndian troops ?
But British officers were in charge!
So no excuse at all !!
Thanks for the article ! :worried::worried::worried: