Darius Danesh dies aged 41

UK Home | Daily Mail Online Found dead in his US apartment. So young. Hope nothing suspicious.

1 Like

Oh my word! Poor guy
poor family. So young, I wonder if he was ill. Such a shame :frowning_face:

1 Like

I was shocked to hear he had died , So many Singers die Young .I remember he had an excellent voice and he had outstanding good looks .

I’ve never heard of him.

Me neither, Morti.

Me neither.

I hovered, I clicked, that DM page is grim.

I remember him.
He was very bigheaded but likeable.
As mentioned above by Eliza, he was very good looking and had a nice singing voice.
He doesn’t seem to have been in the limelight for a while.
It is very sad that he has died at such a young age.

Rest In Peace, Darius.

Afraid to say I have never heard of him .

I was so shocked and felt really upset to hear he had died as I was a big fan of his back in the days of Pop Idol, I wanted him to win, I thought he was gorgeous, so good looking and seemed such a nice young man. Unlike Arty, I didn’t find him bigheaded, just very confident.

He went on to have a big hit with Colour Blind, I loved the song but never really saw him to go on to do other such big hits in his pop career. He went on to do musical theatre and I always knew he would do well.

Whenever I saw him interviewed I also thought what a lovely young man he was.

I really felt quite sorry to know his life has been cut so short, I’m so sorry to his family and friends.

RIP to Darius and thank you for the music and talent.

1 Like

LQ, l didn’t mean it in any nasty way
 but his arrogance did lead him to being referred to as being, ‘bigheaded’. He was very likeable otherwise!

See this quote below

“COCKY Scots Popstars reject Darius Danesh last night admitted he was a "quivering 
 The singer quickly gained a reputation with viewers as a bighead”.

awww, I didn;t for one minute think you did mean it in a nasty way lol. Just that I didn’t see him as big headed, we all see things differently, some saw him as a big head i just saw a confident guy

1 Like

awww, just seen this post on facebook, I’ve copied and pasted what the post said for those who don’t have facebook, there is also a video in there of him singing for the old lady. For the ones who do have facebook click on the link.

REST IN PEACE, DARIUS

I am unbelievably shocked and devastated by the news of Darius Campbell Danesh’s premature death at the age of only 41.

I was lucky to know Darius, who was one of my mother’s favourite singers. In the many years that Mum was housebound, Darius visited her several times to serenade her in her bedroom. Mum would join in while beaming ear to ear.

When Mum passed away earlier this year, it meant the world to me and the family to have Darius sing at her memorial service, a spine-tingling rendition of Hallelujah. He flew back specially from America for it.

That was only four months ago, and in less than two months, Darius was due to perform at my own 70th birthday party.

I cannot believe that this vibrant young man is now gone. He always seemed the picture of good health and good cheer, amazingly kind and amazingly talented. A man with a huge heart.

Watching these videos again of Darius with Mum brings tears to my eyes. If there’s an afterlife, I hope they can reunite for another duet.

My deepest condolences to Darius’ family, friends and many fans.

3 Likes

What a lovely tribute!