Danish player collapses on the pitch

I was watching the Denmark v Finland football match and the Danish player Christain Erikson suddenly collapsed. I hope he is okay but it does not look good.

1 Like

Latest news from the hospital is that his condition has been stabilised so that is good.

I turned on the TV for the news not realising football was on and saw the incident :frowning: poor chap.

I am so pleased that he is conscious. What an awful thing to happen to someone so young and fit.

What’s the betting the anti vaccine people will be blaming it on the Covid vaccination… that’s if he’s had it?

Oh poor chap, what a scary thing to happen. Thank heavens he’s stabilised and will, hopefully, recover fully.

What’s the betting the anti vaccine people will be blaming it on the Covid vaccination… that’s if he’s had it?

Yes, I’m sure there will be some Art :roll:

The most recent news about this, eleven minutes’ ago:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57456002

Glad to hear he is awake at least. let’s hope he is ok.

You would have thought Finland would have let them win…

:lol::lol:

It is good that the Danish players formed a ring around the player to prevent the camera crews from getting a look in because we all know what the camera crews would have been doing, focusing in as much as the could on the player, looking at every detail of what was going on, all for the sake of ‘views’ because that is what would have happened. So, good on players for preventing that from happening.

Football player suffered cardiac arrest been confirmed.

“Thank you, I won’t give up. I feel better now - but I want to understand what’s happened. I want to say thank you all for what you did for me,” Eriksen said.

Hope he can find a role in football if unable to play.

I read a news item such as this, which is definitely not good, any collapse is potentially life-threatening. I hope he comes through it and gets back to how he was, playing the sport he obviously enjoys.

Then though I read news items such as the one on the link below and I despair, just what is wrong with these morons! Don’t they ever think beyond the damage they are doing, it could be one of them, or a family member who might be taken unwell and need a defibrillator and people like them will have denied that person the chance of recovery.

It really is well beyond time when punishments were made to fit the crimes. Zero tolerance is needed, no faffing about, put them either inside for a long time or make them work, hard work, to repay society for the crimes they commit against us all!

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2021-06-14/vandals-smash-defibrillator-at-east-sussex-football-club

Usually I would not post on any thread to do with football. However, as I have already posted a reply on this one and having just seen a news update about this player’s collapse, I thought others might also like to read this update:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57480130

If anyone is at all interested, here is some more information about this original news item, this is in addition to my last two posts. This post gives a link to information as to perhaps why a cardiac arrest occurs. There is also, within the above link, another to a story about another player who had a similar experience. Had there not been a defibrillator available it is reckoned the outcome for him could have been very different. See my comments in post #12 in respect of this:

There’s more so edited to add another news story on the call for defibrillators to be put in all gyms and amateur sporting venues:

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-06-15/theyre-so-vital-campaigners-call-for-defibrillator-law-change-in-wake-of-christian-eriksen-collapse

I was already thinking that in some way hew was ‘lucky’ that it happened on a football pitch where paramedics were instantly available.

Yes, luck definitely comes into it when someone has a heart attack or a collapse from something similar. I live in a small, rural village with some larger ones around here too. The other week a list of locations of defibrillators was published in the village magazine, it was surprising just how many there were for rural villages the size of these. The defibrillators are located all around and in some quite surprising places.

When I read about the vandalism I posted details of in my post 12 I was more than annoyed I can tell you. Why do these morons behave in this way, it’s beyond me! Just what has gone wrong in this country and why isn’t anything serious being done to stop it? :frowning:

No community spirit anymore Baz, I blame the move away from religion…No seriously!..

Possibly OGF, lack of religion may be part of it and community spirit does seem to be lacking these days. However, that said I reckon it’s more basic than that, going back to where respect was not taught to these morons along with discipline when younger, possibly at the age of learning to walk, by parents who either find it too much trouble to teach their offspring these standards, or who themselves lack these qualities. Not all people are like this though, there are still many who are good people, good parents with good, well-behaved and respectable youngsters.

Whatever the reasons, none of this is doing anything for this country. Slowly it’s getting to where all this will become irreversible if strong measures are not taken, sadly for all of us then there will be no going back.

My apologies for these off topic comments, so it’s back to that topic for those who wish to comment.

It’s impossible to comprehend what these people are thinking when they vandalise equipment. Imagine if it was their own Dad that needed it but died because the defib had been smashed.

There is lots I wanted to say Baz, but I’ll not derail the thread any further…:wink: