Dangers of statins (and other similar pharmaceuticals)

Annie, l am exactly the same! Those strong artificial perfumes ‘kill me’. I start wheezing, my eyes and nose run.
I never use fabric conditioners as they are so overpowering.

I have started to use Fairy Platinum Plus dishwasher tablets and they are so strong, l have to keep them in another room and vacate the kitchen when the dishwasher is on.

1 Like

I have high cholesterol 6.1 but the doctor said, it is good cholesterol.
Statins have been prescribed to me over the years but l flatly refuse to take them. Besides, like the flu injection they are a nice money earner for GP surgeries.

A friend of mine who was a fine, upright man became almost crippled and blamed the statins. The muscles in his legs weakened and he ended up in a wheelchair.

1 Like

Hi

A lot depends on where you are in life.

I used to think that chemicals are wrong and dangerous.

Those chemicals now keep me alive, not for long, but well worth it.

1 Like

Hi Swimmy
As they do with myself and many thousands of people my friend. Many people also think that it’s all a huge conspiracy by Big Pharma. So ludicrous!

2 Likes

I’m one of the lucky 90 something % of people who suffer no statins side effects.

When first put on them 15 years ago, I took one/day for two weeks, went back to the GP to talk about any probs: none so I continued on them.

1 Like

Totally sympathise Art. I find ecover is the only product that doesn’t irritate me. They do dishwasher tablets & rinse aid as well as washing powder.

I wasn’t aware of that. Isn’t it just another prescribed medication? Our mum’s statins were prescribed by the cardiologist after a heart op. But the GP has agreed she can take them every couple of days to alleviate the muscle pains.

He just released a new video:

Same here .

Took them for less than a week and could almost not walk my legs ached so much so stopped taking them and it cleared up in about three weeks thankfully.

1 Like

I hate that , that’s why I like line dryed clothes it blows away the smell . I don’t have a tumble dryer by choice .

2 Likes

Now we cant afford to run the tumble drier I’m struggling to get my washing dry. i’ve put an airer up but it’s making the bedroom feel damp and I am already wiping mould off the wall. I can’t see this ending well at all my tumble drier was brilliant.

Twister, get a dehumidifier if you can. They are very cheap to run and easy to maintain. Washing takes less time to dry due to it reducing humidity, and rooms are quicker to heat up too.

2 Likes

I agree with PK. Google for uses of any water you collect (can’t drink it though), especially if you’re on a meter.

This is what we did last winter and will continue .

1 Like

I have been on statins for over 20 years with no side effects. I am 84 and still do lot of walking. My brother died at 63 from a massive heart attack and my sister and I were advised to go on statins due to a family history of high cholesterol. My sister is 89 and lives alone.

2 Likes

I suppose it’s like most medication, Scot…works for most of us, but not all. I’m not on statins, but I’m glad there are solutions out there should we need them.

2 Likes

Medication is never a “one size fits all”. What suits one person may have an adverse effect on another. Some people can take Tramadol for pain but I had an adverse reaction and was very ill.

Publication of these videos should have more control as many people could be misguided by so called advice that goes against what their body actually may need to survive.

P.S 82 been on Statins for 20 years and still going strong.

2 Likes

Thank you we have one already it didnt occur to me to use it

1 Like

I’ve been taking statins for ten years but have become an irregular taker recently.
No side effects and my health check up six months go my cholesterol level was supposedly’borderline’