Daily Jigsaw thread

Inspired by one FM getting a new jigsaw and another FM suggesting this thread, I’m starting this daily jigsaw thread for people to post about their jigsaw puzzle adventures.

Anyone do jigsaw puzzles regularly? What’s your latest one? How do you choose them? How many jigsaws have you done?

3 Likes

I play this one a few times a week.

(I don’t know why it comes up as German…its not, everything is in English)

2 Likes

How about trying the daily one from here (use a standard 67 piece setting) and post your time with the name of the jigsaw.

2 Likes

Ooh, thank you both. I used to do an online jigsaw before but haven’t done it in a long time.

1 Like

That bridge one took me 24 minutes !

1 Like

9.14 for me

6.52 for me

1 Like

Varenna Bridge took me 10:17

I haven’t seen online jigsaw puzzles before - the pieces are tiny and difficult to see - I either need a device with a larger screen or a new pair of specs!

3 Likes

Or - you could just press Ctrl and + at the same time and make them as large as you like! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: It works on small print as well.

1 Like

Thanks - is that for a laptop-type keyboard?
I’m using an iPad - I can zoom in on pieces using my fingers but then you can’t see the whole picture and all the pieces because the screen isn’t large enough, so you have to keep zooming in and out.
I’ve done a bit more practice on some of the old daily jigsaw puzzles and am getting the hang of it now.

1 Like

Yes, Boot, it is - didn’t realise you were using an IPad, Sorry! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Pelican glide
Took me 9.17

Pelican Glide

1 Like

Talking of Jigsaws, my 5 year old granddaughter picked this one up in the shop, as she likes Lions. Grandad got the job of doing it. My God!, it took me over a week night & day to do it! All the browns of the Lions looked the same, and it has to be one of the hardest Jigsaws I’ve ever done. Still, it could have been worse, maybe a 1,000 piece one! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

4 Likes

Yes, that does look terribly complicated! :scream:

On the Jigsaw site I play…they have a “Mystery puzzle” You can choose the cut of the pieces and the amount, but there’s no picture to guide you, you have to figure it out by yourself. I don’t care for the timings…I just enjoy seeing what it reveals

Here is a link

Have been using this site for a few years now to do the daily puzzle. usually stick to 100 pieces.

1 Like

:weary: I thought a jigsaw sounded fun but I couldn’t figure out how to work this on my phone.

Looked fun though. Beautiful puzzles.

1 Like