Dad! Mum! Please, I can explain

Four girls with my wife was challenging enough, but alone, I would have floundered!

Edited to add …but I would not change any of them for anything. They always were and still are the apple of my eye :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Tell me about it Pauline!

My own brush with the wrath aka. my parents happened when I fibbed to my Dad that I was going to the Library on a Saturday.

Instead, I was going to meet my sweetheart from school - my only ever boyfriend (who later became my husband)!

In any event, my boyfriend took me to the only Mall in town and we had lunch and watched a movie. We were walking hand in hand in the Mall when who should come up behind us but my father!

He very calmly said ‘it’s time to go!’. Now, my Dad was a kind, gentle man- but don’t ever lie to him! And, I had!

That car trip home was deadly silent! And the belting I got when we finally got home for lying :lying_face: was let’s just say memorable!

1 Like

My dad said the same thing before he passed away. :sob:

Good memories. He was the best dad ever!

1 Like

He belted you!..:open_mouth::open_mouth:.

I remember a time I gave my mum cheek, my dad chased me up the stairs , got hold of me, pulled my trousers and knickers down and slapped my bottom,:open_mouth::open_mouth:…I remember it to this day and the humiliation of him doing that.

1 Like

Oh, we’ve had plenty beltings. My parents were really tough on us four girls. They most certainly did not spare the rod - ever! Very strict as well hence the lies!

1 Like

You have to see it from a father’s point of view and being a father, especially where girls are concerned, is difficult to say the least, because we can remember how a teenage boy’s mind works.
For my girls, I took the wide angled approach and allowed male rendezvous, but with strict time lines and a full run down of who they were etc etc. It worked too and all four were not too much of a worry.

1 Like

I’m sorry. That’s not pleasant. I bet you never gave your mum cheek again though.

:hugs:

That’s good parenting LD! Trusting!
My parents were not so ‘modern’ in their approach.

Oh I did, trust me!..:open_mouth:

1 Like

Awww …no need for turning physical :open_mouth::disappointed_relieved::hugs:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s growing pains with boys. :hugs:

We had four girls and our only son did survive his first day, so all four girls have been a very special gift to us :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that LD. :hugs:
I’m so glad your lovely daughters kept you on your toes!

1 Like

I have a late discovered genetic problem for male children and when I eventually get my PM’s restored, I’ll tell you what it is, but not in open forum.

1 Like